Landing Gear Access???

anjinsan

I have a 2006 Cyclone Toyhauler and am having a problem with the landing gear going up fully. It does go up until just before I can unhitch. It seems as thought the batteries run out but I just installed two brand new Interstate 27U Batteries and they are fully charged. I think I either have A) a bent shaft and it goes up until it reaches a pinch point or B) a broken gear. When I press the extend button the gear box will jump and 'click' very loudly. It acts as though there is a failsafe that won't allow any more travel.

Here is my real question. How in the heck do I access the primary (lead) leg, motor and gearbox??? The Onan generator is blocking all access. I am an average sized guy and can only worm one arm up into the compartment and certainly cannot see anything. I thought of pulling the genset but the shroud is part of the body so it won't do me any good. Has anyone changed the lead leg, motor and gearbox with a genset blocking it?

And yes I have contacted Venture (the forum members are correct, they are good to deal with) and I will be changing to a dual electric motor system as the current one motor is woefully inadequate.

Thanks
anjinsan

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Anjinsan,

Sorry I did not see and reply to this earlier... I have just gone through with his "fix" and the only way to access the Lead Leg is to remove the forward wall in the basement ( or remove the Generator ) and you will have access to the space on the ODS of the rig as shown in the attached photo.
leadleg.jpg
Feel Free to PM me with any Questions:

and additional photos are located https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152599276765625.1073741844.717425624&type=3