Landing gear repair - success!!!

mhays

I have a 2009 Cyclone toy-hauler. One side of the landing gear has always been sticky (hard to pull the foot down by hand) and at times the motor heats up and shuts off on overload. I think when the trailer was brand new (my first 5th-wheel) I bent that leg...

Recently that leg stuck for good to the point the clutch on the motor would just slip and I could not crank the gear by hand. I was never sure if the clutch and/or motor was weak or there was a wiring problem. Last week I tore it all apart. The clutch, motor, switch and wiring all seemed fine/worked. I unhooked the legs from each other. One side worked well and the other was totally frozen.

I searched this forum and found out Venture Mfg. made my gear.

Venture Mfg. Co.
3636 Dayton Park Dr.
Dayton, OH 45414
Tel: 937-233-8792 Ext 20 / Toll Free: 866-365-1957 / Fax: 937-233-8485
patty@venturemfgco.com

I also found the part number of the legs under the cap on top of one of them. It prys off.

Venture was awesome to deal with, answers the same day... no problem only buying one leg ($165.00).

Now the whole landing gear system works perfectly after a less than $200 fix.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Mike, Good to hear you were able to rebuild the landing gear on your own. Most times a DIY repair is so much better than taking the time and expense to have a "pro" handle it.
Way to go!