Landmark full body paint scheme

Timeout

I would like to know if anyone else has full body paint with lots of Bugs and other trash in the paint. I have paint missing and bleed through in the layers in some areas.
I can not contact the company that painted it as they only communicate with commercial company's.
We love the full body paint but I wax my RV by hand and I see all this trash in the paint.

2015 landmark key Largo

danemayer

Hi Timeout,

In over 4 years of reading forum posts, I think this is the first time anyone's posted about bugs in the paint. I'm wondering if there was some paint work done locally before you got the trailer.

T

TomMontague

In my opinion it isn't bugs... We experience " fish eyes " and dust particles in the paint. We try and fix all the fish eyes that we see - the dust particles under the paint are unavoidable according to our paint shop. We try and fix as many of those as we can as well, depending on where they are in the design scheme. Sometimes depending on their placement its best if we don't mess with them because it's almost impossible to make it blend perfect.

Hope this helps. LM365 did just switch paint shops and the new guys are experienced painters who are very easy to work with. The quality of paint we have gotten back so far has been outstanding.

Talk soon.
Tom

Timeout

This trash I see is all over the RV from top to bottom and in the layers from front to back.

When I can see the wings and legs it is bugs. I know fish eyes and orange peel paint and this is not the case. Its BUGS and Trash

Tom I sure appreciate your quick response as I Know some things get in the paint and can't be helped. But Bugs?

T

TomMontague

Wings and Legs made me laugh even though its not funny... Bugs should never be in the paint...

Joe G

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I too am very pleased with the paint job on my 2013 San Antonio.

Timeout

I guess I get critical on things because at the cost of these units I would think the details would be much better. That's me. I love this unit don't get me wrong. The paint for the most part is great. I just see things when I wash and wax that make wonder why on the details. Small but I notice them.
Thanks everyone for you ideas and direction. I do love the paint and the rig.

My first post to the Forum.

What I'm looking for is the link to Tom Montague's posting of the paint scheme with the 4 jpg. pictures of the new Landmark. I seen it but can't find it now.

Could someone post the link to that page, please.

Thanks Shawn

danemayer

My first post to the Forum.

What I'm looking for is the link to Tom Montague's posting of the paint scheme with the 4 jpg. pictures of the new Landmark. I seen it but can't find it now.

Could someone post the link to that page, please.

Thanks Shawn
Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. This might be the link you're looking for.

jimtoo

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

We have a great search engine for the forum, both simple and advanced. It works really good and quite often faster to use instead of waiting on another member to give you the info your looking for.

Jim M

Rcnewell11

Tom I was wondering on my ashland when painted on how many coats of clear coat do u guys put on paint?the other question I have or maybe u need to move me somewhere else for this is my unit have total water filter in unit or just the refrigerator only or both? Thanks Rob

Thanks to all. I was a little impatient with the manual search, which I did find a little later after making the post below. The image was needed for insurance purposes as we have decided to purchase a 2015 Ashland Landmark 365 which we are expecting in December.

Thanks to Jim and Dan/Ann for the heads up. The email works great for a quick heads up on a question asked + answer. The search function will make my life easier for info in the future.

Merry Christmas to all.

jbeletti

Hi Rob,

Tom doesn't get notifications of posts made in this Landmark General forum. He replied to the one post as I'd pushed it to him via email.

What I can tell you is all LM365 coaches come with a whole-house water filter. It's mounted in the basement area, behind the utility wall. Generally, there is also a water filter in the refrigerator, if the supplier refrigerator is equipped with an ice maker and/or water dispenser.

I believe the paint gets two coats of clear.

Timeout

I am told paint is done at CW. Can't wait to see it. Waiting for last things to be done from warranty issues.