Landmark Welcome Sign

DirtyMax88

Hey Everyone,
We finally ordered and received our welcome sign. This may be a dumb question, but does the USB hook up that is located on the outside of the trailer for the sign have an on and off switch. We plugged ours in the other day and it didn't come on. The outside receptacle underneath the USB doesn't work either. So it kind of leads me to believe there is a on and off switch somewhere. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. We are taking our trailer to TN this weekend and would love to have the sign working! Thanks in advance!

jbeletti

Hey Everyone,
We finally ordered and received our welcome sign. This may be a dumb question, but does the USB hook up that is located on the outside of the trailer for the sign have an on and off switch. We plugged ours in the other day and it didn't come on. The outside receptacle underneath the USB doesn't work either. So it kind of leads me to believe there is a on and off switch somewhere. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please. We are taking our trailer to TN this weekend and would love to have the sign working! Thanks in advance!

In the past, there has not been a power switch. What I have seen once or twice is the power lead coming disconnected from the back of that receptacle. Not sure which floor plan you have, but generally behind a bedroom or bathroom cabinet or drawer - you can find the back of the receptacle. Check that quick and report back.

DirtyMax88

In the past, there has not been a power switch. What I have seen once or twice is the power lead coming disconnected from the back of that receptacle. Not sure which floor plan you have, but generally behind a bedroom or bathroom cabinet or drawer - you can find the back of the receptacle. Check that quick and report back.

Thanks for the quick reply Jim. We have the Newport floor plan. Our welcome sign in up in the front corner of our trailer (not sure if they have them located in different areas with other floor plans). I will look behind the bathroom cabinets and check it out. I am currently at work so looking really quick might not work :) but I will look into it as soon as i get home and respond back. Thanks again.

DirtyMax88

Good Morning, After doing some investigating i found that we have a switch in our panel that says awning receptacle. I never really paid any attention to it, but after going though the bathroom cabinet to check out the plug and not finding anything, I started looking for the simple things. Also, after talking with our the tech from where we purchased the trailer, he was telling me that the wires to the LED strip for the sign are sometimes not connected well. After check everything I'm happy to report that the sign is now working as well as the outside receptacle. Take Care.

TxCowboy

Congrats on getting the sign fixed!

We received ours and the electrical connection to the LEDs pulled loose. Fortunately, a guy in our RV park is very handy with electrical stuff and he re-attached the wires for us. Since it draws so little amperage, we just leave the sign installed unless the weather is forecast to be really bad.

jbeletti

Good Morning, After doing some investigating i found that we have a switch in our panel that says awning receptacle. I never really paid any attention to it, but after going though the bathroom cabinet to check out the plug and not finding anything, I started looking for the simple things. Also, after talking with our the tech from where we purchased the trailer, he was telling me that the wires to the LED strip for the sign are sometimes not connected well. After check everything I'm happy to report that the sign is now working as well as the outside receptacle. Take Care.

So where was the fault? Reason I ask is so that we all know what to look for when we see anyone else down the road with similar symptoms. Thanks.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks to Jim Beletti's help, and his trusty little goodie bag, we now have an on/off switch in our front bath that gives power to the usb port for our sign. I like the ability to turn the power off when traveling.

jbeletti

Thanks to Jim Beletti's help, and his trusty little goodie bag, we now have an on/off switch in our front bath that gives power to the usb port for our sign. I like the ability to turn the power off when traveling.

All I remember is working on a sleigh for a jolly fella while he was at a rest stop :)

DirtyMax88

So where was the fault? Reason I ask is so that we all know what to look for when we see anyone else down the road with similar symptoms. Thanks.

Jim, i apologize for not getting back sooner. Been running around like crazy trying to get ready for our trip to TN. To answer your question it was the wires on the LED strip that were loose. just fixed those and it worked perfectly. As for the outside plug in, the switch inside the trailer that says outside receptacle needed to be turned on for the plug to work. It sounds silly but I never really looked at the panel twice, i definitely do now. This is our first 5th wheel and one with all the bells and whistles is overwhelming at times. Hopefully if it happens to others they can check that first. Thanks everyone!

carl.swoyer

Can someone please post a picture of the Landmark welcome sign

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-205000 miles !

danemayer

Can someone please post a picture of the Landmark welcome sign

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-205000 miles !

Here's a link to a picture of the LM365 sign, personalized with Owner's name. There are additional pics showing Jerrod's modification to the sign.

carl.swoyer

Thanks for the pictures.i will look into this. However I feel that the price is a little steep

TxCowboy

Just a reminder that this sign is FREE when you purchase your LM 365. It is a very nice touch and addition to a very nice RV. We had our personalized a bit further and had the name of our RV on the sign in lieu of our last name.

Here's a pic.

Uno Mas sign.jpg