Landmark Wood Tone

jamvir

I have been looking at used Landmarks online, and new ones at a dealer. It appears that prior to the new 2015 models which have 2 or 3 shades of wood stain including one that is quite light) the wood stain is either dark or darker. And the pictures in the brochures I have been able to find, and the older versions of their website (I like the wayback machine) show the wood as quite dark. Can anyone confirm this for me?

The wood in the rig we have now is light oak, which gives a nice "sunny" feeling to the interior, instead of feeling like you are walking into cave.

Because I work part time, we need room for my computer equipment. The floorplan that looks best for us is the San Antonio, with a devoted desk area. However, it looks like Heartland dropped this model from their line with the new 2015 models! Can anyone confirm this?

I might sound picky, but the next 5er we buy will be our full-time home for the next several years, so we want it right from the get-go - a high-end brand with the right floor plan, interior, and decor. It looks like the 2013-2014 Landmarks don't have the light wood, and the new 2015 models have the option for light wood but the right floor plan is no longer available.

Jim

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Jim, manufacturers change wood style yearly or sometimes sooner. The San Antonio is not available in 2015, but maybe another unit will meet your needs. I have it from a good source that a unit with a desk is "in the works." The 2015 "Landmark 365" comes in two wood choices, one of them being a nice lighter option, in honey maple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akf15e

Jim,

There are still some San Antonios out there - new 2014 and 2015 models on dealer lots. In fact, we are picking up our 2015 (really a late model 2014) tomorrow. Like you, we love that floor plan. I work from the road and need a desk that isn't a pull out where I am sitting right in front of the TV or fireplace. Ours is also lighter wood and the Laguna decor (sandstone/tan fabrics). I know you aren't in this area, but there was one still available in Myrtle Beach and I believe a couple in Texas. You might do some searches on rvtrader, ebay, etc. Good luck. Also, my old SOB has 2 floorplans with desks, though IMO the rigs aren't built as well as the Landmark (which is why I made this new purchase). Still a decent brand though. PM me and I can give more details if you want.

Bryced15

I think the Honey Glazed Maple became an option on the Landmarks in late 2013. It was available in the October 28th 2013 build sheet attached here:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 22

jamvir

Thanks for the info. There is a 2014 available in zLongmont, CO (about 850.miles from us here in Phoenix). We will start heading back to MN in a month. Hopefully that one will still be available and we can swing by. Like yours, the interior is the Laguna, but difficult to tell what the real wood tone is in the pictures.

We will keep looking - hopefully one will become available closer to us

Jim

Bryced15

We ordered the Honey Glazed Maple in our Newport and just love it. Here are some shots that show off the cabinetry.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.2 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg