landmarks, big horns

Mariposa

Have been working at parking RV's at the Good Sam Rally in Albuquerque, NM Saw a few Landmarks, & Big Horns come in together. Did spot a couple of other Big Horns, but among about 2000 other RV's finding where they are park again?

Tom of Ypsi

We are in row 8, site 58 next to Jim & Shiela Gratz with Daivid & Susan behind us. We came in together with a Montana, Carroll & Rita could not be helped sister of Susan. There is a BH in row 10 but have not made contact with them. Warren & Cathy, site # I cannot remember, were winners in the GS drawing and I believe it was a tow bar package worth around $1000 for a MH. Do not know where this is going to fit on a BH but congratulations to them. Jay and Stella are staying off site and have seen them several times. Come by and visit, we are here until Tuesday

jayc

Legendary Member
We are staying at the High Desert RV park off site. As if your parking is onsite??

There were two other Bighorns in the park when we arrived and I spoke with both owners about joining the forum and the HOC. They are working somewhere in the rally.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We saw Alex at the 3G Store booth yesterday. He says hi to everyone and wants anyone at the Rally to go by and say hello personally. We bought a router from him and he was very helpful. The entertainment last night was a concert by Neil Sedaka and it was excellent. Tonight Rita Cooledge concert is the entertainment. We are having a great time dispite the cold, snowy, and nasty weather. It is supposed to warm up and be nice from here on out. Our new Oxyigenics shower head we got yesterday works great. There are good prices from lots of vendors here. Got to go and get some more goodies now....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just sitting here this afternoon looking at the live video feed from the RV.net booth at "The Rally"...all of a sudden who do I see staring back at me...none other the Jay and Stella!!

Looked all over for their card and phone #...really wanted to play with them a little, just couldn't find it...DARN!!:D

Hope everyone's having fun...wish we could have been there...maybe next year.

Kathy and Ken

jayc

Legendary Member
Kathy and Ken,
That would surely have freaked me out, to know that I was going out live and didn't even know it! I'm just glad I didn't choose that time to scratch something or anything else best done in private.....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Just got back to the RV from the Rita Coolidge concert at the Rally. It was okay but not as good as I expected. We thought she would sing more of her hits but she did sing a couple. After the entertainment there was a baloon light up. That is where they turn on the burner on the hot air balloon at night which causes the whole balloon to light up. It was neat. There were 7 balloons in a row and they lit up alternately and all at once for several minutes. That was really spectacular. Tomorrow the entertainment is the Osmond Brothers. Looking forward to that one. There are alot of people spending their children's inheritances here. No sign of an economic slowdown.

Attachments

• DSC02885.jpg
    DSC02885.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Mariposa

big horn at rally

I did talk with a Patrick Collage(sp?), from England. He owns a Big Horn. He said he reads the form and now has solved his address problem. He might be-able to attend the Owners Rally in Elkhart.
We are currently on our way to Livingston, TX, driving into a headwind.
4-23-09
drove up behind a Big Horn, south bound on 287, near Fort Worth. It turned out to be Jay & Stella. That guy sure gets around. Wonder about his milage?
Bob

jayc

Legendary Member
Bob,
I got much better mileage coming down off the hills of New Mexico and had a tailwind to boot. At the time you passed us, I was experimenting with driving 55mph but learned that its too hard to do.

Then the next day, after spending a night in Burleson, who should we see in a roadside rest stop? Bob and Grace, on their way to Livingston and us on our way back to Dickinson to get all our stuff out and close on the house.

We are staying in a little RV park on Galveston Bay. There is a Big Country parked here but I haven't seen anyone around it.