Laundry taps

Rickt

We pickup our new Bighorn (3410RE) yesterday. We were very impressed with the quality and workman ship. We have the lines and taps for the laundry but don't intend to install one. If anyone else is in this intent to do this you should install caps on the hot and cold taps just in case they get opened. I bought 2 Watts A-685 Garden Hose caps from Home Depot that will do the job.

jimtoo

Hi Rickt,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We do not have a washer in our 3055 and have had no problem. You would probably need to remove them when you winterize to either allow air in to drain the lines or allow the antifreeze to come out.

Others will give their opinion I'm sure.

Enjoy the forum and your Bighorn.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Rickt, I do exactly what you are proposing. I have capped the faucets in the laundry room.
Although I don't, I should do as Jim said and open them for winterizing.

Peace
Dave

ChopperBill

I have been try to figure out where the lines connect. I wanted to put valves there or uncouple them as we probably wont be doing the W/D deal either.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
I have a 3670rl and have the washer/dryer hookups. I never plan to use either. I kept bumping my head in the storage compt. And figured out it was the drain line and water lines for the washer. I cut those out and now have a lot more room and don't bump my head anymore. K

cjhicks

I just installed 2 cutoff valves on our 3410 The lines can be found behind the wall in the storage bay. I also still keep the caps on the faucets just in case the shutoff valves open on their own .