lcd tv

mariacyl

New Big Horn owners
Hi, I was just wondering if it is okay to leave the lcd tv in the rv all winter ,we live in Michigan temps to to 0 some times ,down below freezing alot. We have the 26in. mounted one, 3055 Big Horn rl.
Thanks, Maria

BJ'sDad

I've heard differing opinions, I took mine out just because it was easy to do on my tilting wall mount.
Considering the cost of the flat panel LCD TV's, I would have done it just to be on the safe side, but then, I've been known to be a cheapskate at times....LOL

sislv

Tom & Sharol
LCD TV & Cold Temps

Maria:

I would highly recommend removing the LCD TV and storing it in somewhere with temperatures above freezing. Components and the LCD display screen could be damaged by freezing.

Tom

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The biggest thing to remember is when you open it up and heat the interior of the coach, do not use the TV till it acclimates to the indoor temperature of the coach and there is no internal condensation. Electronics don't like condensation.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
I have never heard of freezing temps being a problem for LCD. Lots of vehicles even have some LCD equipment in them. We have left our LCD TV in our camper through the winter here in Alabama but it is rare to reach 0 here.

Don

phranc

not sure if it's OK or not , but I can tell you that we have left our Bedroom
LCD TV in for 5 NY winters. Still works just the same..

mariacyl

New Big Horn owners
lcd tv freeze

Thanks everyone, this TV doesn't look like its too easy to remove, I'm trying to get any answer from Olevia at no avail.
Maria

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We left ours in last year and had some pretty cold days and nights. No problem with the TV this summer..../Doug

Golfgar4

If it's difficult to remove the TV, have you thought about wrapping or putting some type of insulation in and around the TV? It might provide just enough extra warmth to avoid problems.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Most LCD have a temperature storage rating of -40 to 110 to 140 degrees depending on manufacturer. There's no liquid in them as the name implies its gel filled and needs to warm up before you turn it on to function properly. Most operating temps start out at 32-40 degrees but I think one should wait till room temp is comfortable for awhile before turning on. The LCD in our bedroom was in our former trailer 4 years and this one for a year. It does get freezing here:) and no problems with either LCD in the BigHorn.....Ken

P.S. forgot to say -40 to 115 degrees storage was stated in the OM-didn't bother to look if stated on Olevia that came with the Horn.

ct0218

I'm sure that LCD tv's are moved around the country every day in unheated 18 wheelers on their way to the retailers. I've never heard of a problem.