LCI 6 point Level-Up hitch height memory

uncledon

Her chauffeur
So I was under the impression that I could return to the height that I u hitched at. The label near the LCI contol let indicates that by pushing the right and left arrow keys simultaneously it should automatically return to the last position before auto leveling. Not so. Tried it twice. Give me a function error.

Reading the manual it sounds like that option is only available on the Ground Control models. I don't see those steps delineated for the Level-Up in the manual. Was I missinformed, and why does the label near the controller indicate that it should work?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jnbhobe

It will only return to your unhitching position if that is higher than your leveled position. In other words it will only go up.

pjones1969

I was messing with mine last weekend and got a feature disabled message or something like that, I'll try it again by manually running it lower beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I was messing with mine last weekend and got a feature disabled message or something like that, I'll try it again by manually running it lower beforehand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you manually move the position, the system will forget the unhitch position.
You need to have the front of the RV nose high before hitting Auto Level after unhitching. The system should remember that as your unhitch position.

Peace
Dave

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
At the Level Up seminar in Goshen it was explained that it works that way to prevent possibly crushing something or someone the is under the front after unhooking if it returned to hitch position going down

Last edited by a moderator:

uncledon

Her chauffeur
Good info. I didn't see that in the manual, but it makes sense. I'll have to play with that. Thx to all.

pjones1969

If you manually move the position, the system will forget the unhitch position.
You need to have the front of the RV nose high before hitting Auto Level after unhitching. The system should remember that as your unhitch position.

Peace
Dave

it worked, sort of, I was 0.1 nose high after unhooking, ran auto level as usual, when ready to leave I did the return to hitch height function and it did not give me the "feature disabled" error, it moved but it was quite a bit off, I'll keep playing with it, thanks for the tip

CoveredWagon

That's one of the things I like about the Andersen hitch. No exact height setting required, just raise it up to clear the ball by any amount and you're good to hitch.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I've not been able to get mine to return to start either. If it moves, it will start raising the front without retracting the back and then I get a fault message.
Another interesting thing is it sometimes displays " Level - Jacks Up" when all 6 are down.
At least it's leveling okay!

uncledon

Her chauffeur
it worked, sort of, I was 0.1 nose high after unhooking, ran auto level as usual, when ready to leave I did the return to hitch height function and it did not give me the "feature disabled" error, it moved but it was quite a bit off, I'll keep playing with it, thanks for the tip

It will all depend on if your rig rides nose high or nose low when on your TV. Mine rides just a touch nose low, so if I want the Level Up to perform the "hitch height" sequence, I need to unhook, then (with the remote while still in TV) raise my nose slightly, pull out, then "auto level". If I do this, then it does perform the "hitch height" just fine, but will be just a bit high for me to hook back up without again using the remote to adjust. The remote is my friend! Just how I do it.

CDN

B and B
I press the left right buttons after raining the back jacks and it does return to hitch height. And I have a Reese's hitch and Sidewinder!