LCI LEVEL-UP WITH AUTOMATIC LEVELING Issues?

wildwolfproducts

Our 2012 Key Largo has the 4 jacks and the back electric stabilizer jacks. After sitting at the shops lot for 9 weeks. Guessing the levelup deal lost its memory. As the batter was dead when I picked it up last Thursday. Made it to the campground, went to set up. When I hit auto level the back jacks start down before the unit starts leveling its self. Also in manual mode, you hit the button to lift them up. And the jacks go down or hit down and they start up.
After about 20 miunutes I get the camper leveled close. Not right but good enough for a week of camping. Then when I start to hook up, it was unreal what I had to go through to get the camper to unlevel and on the truck. I had to just unlevel and do the electric jacks in manual mode.

Ok does the levelup hold the program? Or does it have its on memory for that ? Remember someone talking about standing on one foot, Rubbing there head and chewing gum at the same time as hitting one button 10 times and then hit the other button 10 times?:confused:
Anyone know where I can find the info to reprogram this and get me back to where its auto again?

Now bad part the RV place that fixed my camper. Well lets just say they will be redoing it again the End of Nov or first of Dec. New side panels have waves and dents in them. Pain has a run or 2 along with in the shade you can see there fiberglass fix through the paint. If and when they get it fixed right we will never set foot back in there lot or shop.:mad:
Pete

danemayer

Hi Pete,

Here's a link to the manual that should cover your 2012. It includes the procedure to recalibrate the zero setting - which should be done on a level surface.

The leveling system relies mainly on the battery, so a dead battery at the dealer may not have recovered enough, by the time you got to the campground, for everything to work correctly. It's also possible that your battery may never recover fully.

I assume the leveling system has a sensor somewhere that tells the brain when the rig is level. I'm not sure where it's located, but I have a vague recollection from an early warranty issue that makes me think it might be on the door side near the rear axle on our 2011 Rushmore. If that was disturbed by the other work the dealer did, it may be difficult to get it to work correctly on auto.

You might give Lippert Customer Service a call and ask them about that.

Jim.Allison

Dan

Where is the sensor for the level up system? Mine got confused once and is seems that there was a reset instruction on the sticker above the control unit. However I think that there is another more complex reset procedure. The reason I ask is that when I followed the reset instruction I was not on a completely level surface. Once reset it has worked perfectly ever since on every subsequent set up.

BTW, how do I get another pad for one of the stands, one of mine got bent on a rainy day when it compressed mud with a rock in the way.

danemayer

Dan

Where is the sensor for the level up system? Mine got confused once and is seems that there was a reset instruction on the sticker above the control unit. However I think that there is another more complex reset procedure. The reason I ask is that when I followed the reset instruction I was not on a completely level surface. Once reset it has worked perfectly ever since on every subsequent set up.

BTW, how do I get another pad for one of the stands, one of mine got bent on a rainy day when it compressed mud with a rock in the way.
Jim,

Here's a link to the rear sensor that I think is used in the 4 and 6 point auto leveling systems. I'm not 100% sure about the sensor even being there, but I think it may be on the door side, near the rear axle, above the coroplast.

The zero reset procedure is as mentioned earlier, in the manual I linked to.

The landing pad could come from Lippert; here's a link. Or Heartland may be able to get you one. You probably ought to verify that the linked pad is the right one for your rig.

wildwolfproducts

Hi Pete,

Here's a link to the manual that should cover your 2012. It includes the procedure to recalibrate the zero setting - which should be done on a level surface.

The leveling system relies mainly on the battery, so a dead battery at the dealer may not have recovered enough, by the time you got to the campground, for everything to work correctly. It's also possible that your battery may never recover fully.

I assume the leveling system has a sensor somewhere that tells the brain when the rig is level. I'm not sure where it's located, but I have a vague recollection from an early warranty issue that makes me think it might be on the door side near the rear axle on our 2011 Rushmore. If that was disturbed by the other work the dealer did, it may be difficult to get it to work correctly on auto.

You might give Lippert Customer Service a call and ask them about that.

Thanks camper is still hooked up. Will take it to town and level it on a concrete lot. Its so level that water stands on it in a rain. LOL Betting it was the batter though. But then again it had been on 50 amp power for 8 days while camping. And sides and stuff worked when I got home. Battery was put in new back around March 15th of this year. But will put the tester on it and check it out along with adding an extra batter. It has always had issues with one batter. So will put 2 new ones on it and see what happens.

Thinking were going camping again next weekend. Fire up the smoker and feed the kids and grand kids Baby back ribs below Pickwick Dam at the TVA campground. As we only have 33 more days and TVA will not be running it. Some corporation is taking over all the TVA campgrounds. Here with a Golden access card it will go from $11. to $16. Per night and from $22 to $32 per night for 50/30 amp sites with water. Don't think there going to get many at $32 per night without full hook ups.. But will start taking reservations Nov 1 2014.
Pete

Jeff_Nora_Hanna

Florida Chapter Leaders
Hi Pete,
My wife and I had a need/opportunity to go to Lippert this past July. We were having problems with our jacks drifting down after long periods of storage. Other times our circiut breaker would pop and I'd have to wait for it to reset. Turns out most of my troubles were operator error, or that would be me. I was given wrong instructions when I bought the unit. All in all the people at Lippert were great and had me out the door, arrival to departure, in 45 minutes. I live in Florida but would be willing to drive the distrance for repairs just because of their knowledge and willingness to share it. This was a well invested side trip on our journey.

wildwolfproducts

Hi Pete,
My wife and I had a need/opportunity to go to Lippert this past July. We were having problems with our jacks drifting down after long periods of storage. Other times our circiut breaker would pop and I'd have to wait for it to reset. Turns out most of my troubles were operator error, or that would be me. I was given wrong instructions when I bought the unit. All in all the people at Lippert were great and had me out the door, arrival to departure, in 45 minutes. I live in Florida but would be willing to drive the distrance for repairs just because of their knowledge and willingness to share it. This was a well invested side trip on our journey.

Thanks Jeff, After reading info above. I found out the sticker for how to use ours on the door. Leaves out a lot of good info. Will try the reset and if it does not work. We will be at the plant next June and get to the bottom of it there.

Instructions does not tell if you do the 10 times reset with the unit as level on the jacks as you can get it? Or just on the front jacks or still on the truck on a level lot?
Pete

danemayer

Instructions does not tell if you do the 10 times reset with the unit as level on the jacks as you can get it? Or just on the front jacks or still on the truck on a level lot?

Pete,

I think the idea is to get the unit level. Probably a good idea to use a carpenter's level inside the rig. Get it level side-to-side and front to rear. Following the procedure will then notify the "brain" that the current position is "level" and that becomes the new reference position for future automatic operation.

I don't think the position of the landing gear makes a difference.

Jim.Allison

Just and idea

Many smart phones have a single bubble level application, where you put the bubble in circle. If you put that on the kitchen counter you can get it very level. I know mine is level because I have experimented with it on the kitchen cabinet and on the basement floor. Its a nice app for smart phones, I think its free.

wildwolfproducts

Thanks I keep a 2ft and 4ft level in the basement all the time. Will get it level and go from there. When we bought our Key Largo there was no paper work on the levelup system. Now after reading the info that Dan posted above. I know have a better feel of how to use the system in manual mode. Will be printing off cards with that info and lamanatiing them to keep right by the panel. As I know my brain does not work as good these days on remembering all this.
Again Thanks for all the help, That is what makes the Heartland Forum so good.
Pete