Leak on bedroom slide

cswarts

I have read on here before about leaks during rain on the bedroom slide. i cannot find this thread again. Can anyone let me know what they did or where this thread is? I am trying to save my floor.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a couple of thoughts here. Have you checked all the caulking? If you do not have slide awnings you will need to look topside as well.
If you have a window in that slide I would remove the caulk on the top and then clean everything real good and then caulk the top of the window as well as the sides. Do not caulk the bottom.
Another thing that I have done is to apply a dab of caulk on the top of the bottom side trim on that slide. This was done just behind the rubber wiper. It will create a dam that will prevent water from running along that trim and entering the coach.
Attached is a pic of a different slide, but I have done this on all slides including the bedroom slide.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• caluk dam.jpg
    caluk dam.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 160
I also have a leak in my bedroom of my 6 month old 2011 3670 Bighorn it seems to be coming from somewhere around the slide. It has been to the dealership for this already once, any thoughts?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I also have a leak in my bedroom of my 6 month old 2011 3670 Bighorn it seems to be coming from somewhere around the slide. It has been to the dealership for this already once, any thoughts?

I am sure you will get some ideas from others but it would be helpful to know...

1 Does it leak with slides in or out or both?
2 Does it leak while sitting (camping) or traveling down the highway or both?

Good Luck with this! You will find the issue but often it takes some trial and error attempts!

It does not seem to leak when the slide is closed, and it leaked while we were in it last month in dallas and last night in my driveway. The dealer thought it was a plumbing issue when I brought it in, but now there has been to water hooked up. I sprayed the hose on that side of the slide and I can feel the water dripping on the inside, just not sure what to do about it. I am tired of bring it to the dealer, they seem to have resolved every issue except for this one, it has just been at the dealer more time that in my driveway in the last 6 months.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I think the best suggestions have been listed in the above posts. Do check all the windows and one other area to look at is where the slide roof meets the edge trim. There is usually a tape seal (something like Eternabond) but you may want to put a small bead of caulking on the tape edge. If there are vents or lights near by, reseal those also. Look underneath the slide and make sure no water is wicking upwards...this can happen! You just never know. My experience has shown that even if caulking looks good, it may not be so.

Regarding use of the hose...if you haven't done this yet, carefully spray the areas starting at the bottom of the walls...check for leaks. If nothing, move just a little bit higher and check again etc. Perhaps you can isolate the leak this way.

Don't give up...you will find the leak.

Best Wishes!

tmcran

Had leaking front bedroom slide. Tech found the metal dam on the leaking side was missing. He made one and installed it. He also found the bottom seal was installed so high that the rain water would not run out if the drip holes. He had HL send a new one. Have had no more problems.

ChangingPlaces

Hi there
We had several leaks in both slides. This is want I did to fix them.
1 Check the screws on the side wall, as they might be put in on an angle and water runs in.
Fixed by taking screw out redrilling hole straight refitting a s/s screw and with sealant around it as well. I have replaced all the screws in this way throughout the whole rig. Your'll be amazed how many are put in on angles and some not even there.
2 Check all sealant.
I have resealed most of our rig now. It is an on going thing with all the movement.
3 Check the sealant tape on the outside edge at the back of the fascia, I think this is eternabond not sure. Ours had rusty screws, some how water got in.
Took this tape off, took out the screws and replaced with s/s with sealant, then layed 100mm eternabond on and up the back of the fascia sealing it all up.
4 Also check the that the windows are'nt leaking. I have'nt done ours yet, but will do in the future.

Hope that helps, sorry to bore you, but it is a process of elimination and it takes time.
Cheers Paul