Leaking Shower Faucet

randes

We have a 2008 Bighorn 3055RL.

The shower faucet has two 1/4 turn handles instead of knobs. There is a small spray of water coming from the area near where the diverter comes up for the hose to connect to. Several days ago I took the hose off and retaped the threads on the diverter. No Luck. The spray still is there.

I can not find a way to remove the handles so I could perhaps get the chrome cover off to see the body of the faucet.

Question: Has anyone had this problem? Is it fixable or do I need to buy a new faucet?

meandg

crawgator
I too am having an issue with the shower faucet. We turned it on (faucet attached upside down) and water was spraying out from where the hose connects and not sure where else. I quickly realized water was leaking outside by the furnace and into the basement. Not sure if the only problem is the hose connection, since the faucet is upside down there is a small hole that the water could have traveled through or if there is a leak behind the wall. Cannot see or feel any problems when opening the access cover. Any suggestions on what else to check.

randes

I had surgery coming up earlier so I did nothing. Then about two weeks ago, all of a sudden water was pouring out from under my shower stall on the floor. Apparently the plastic housing of the faucet had cracked and started allowing water to run down the back side of the shower stall. I called Heartland and ordered a new faucet. Took about a week to get it, but it only took 30 minutes to install. About the easiest thing I have ever done on my BH. If you don't have it fixed by now, you may want to do the same thing.

By the way, the hose connection should be on the top.

Roy,

We discovered the diverter tee in our shower faucet was cracked in our 2011 North Trail. I'm ordering a replacement tee and a separate faucet to have as a backup.

You mention that the replacement was easy. Would you mind answering couple questions?
1. How were your valves connected behind the shower wall?
2. Why does the hose connection go on top? We think ours cracked because of residual water left in the wand hose after blowout ran back into the diverter tee and froze over winter. If the hose connection came out the bottom this water would have pooled in the flexible hose and not cracked anything.

ColoradoAg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just curious as to how you did your rig was winterized. Did you just blow out the lines with air? Or did you forget to run the pink anti-freeze through the shower?
No residual water if the pink stuff was in there.

Peace
Dave

Moose

Well now I have a leak in the same location it seems in my 2011 BH 3410RE.

Can anyone please advise me on how to remove shower faucets? I would like to fix this before a bigger issue evolves.

This just happened after I removed the flow restrictor where the hose connects to the faucet.

The area is shown circled in red in the photo below.

Shower Fawcet Leak.jpg

Thanks for any help.

meandg

crawgator
We have an access panel just below the handles. Once you remove that you can get to the back of the faucet. I believe they just screw on.

Moose

We have an access panel just below the handles. Once you remove that you can get to the back of the faucet. I believe they just screw on.

Thanks, I have the access "port" as well. But what I don't have are rubber arms with multi-flex joints. LoL

Guess I will have to hire the next "vertically challenged" plumber I see. ROFL

Do you happen to know if the faucet handles just pull off the valves. I don't see any way they are "screwed" on.

Thanks.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look closely, on the back side of the handle there is a small recess. There is a set screw there.

Peace
Dave