Leaking shower on Elk Ridge 35tsrl

New to forum but been hanging around reading every ones post. First time posting, bought my first Elk Ridge about a month ago. Love the lay out. This trailer is on our lake lot so we don't haul down the road. We have a leak between the tub and shower door runners. The dealer sent out a repair man and he caulk all around tube and shower door runner but still leaking when taking a shower really bad. I will call service on Monday but was wondering your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ducktracker and welcome to this great forum.
Can you tell where the water is coming from when someone is in the shower?
You might have to be there looking while the water is running inside.
Also take a look under the door and make sure there is a vinyl wiper attached to the bottom of the door.
This prevents splashing out under the door.

There was just a recent post (LINK) and that person found that the leak was coming from the inspection port on the shower wall. Found that it was not sealed around the perimeter and allowed water to run down the back side and out the front.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just looked at your floor plan and I see that you have the big shower/tub.
I have heard of some people having leaks from between the sliding shower doors. If you have those check it out.
Also I've heard of at least one where the lower track was installed backward and the drain holes were on the outside.
And another where the drain holes were too small and the water overflowed the track.
Don't know if those apply to your setup but it's worth looking at.

Peace
Dave

Thanks cookie but drain holes do go back to tub and it's not over flowing only gets about 1/16" in runner. But keep the ideas coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk