Leaking waste water.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Scotty, mine fits really tight and I haven't needed to secure it. Trace

jimtoo

If when you install the extra Valve and the handle is facing forward or straight up it might get loose and you could loose it. The upper part of the valve and handle will/can be turned (it will actually pivot in the attaching ears) to about a 30-40% angle to where the handle is towards the rear of unit. This keeps the weight of the upper part of the valve pushing down in the direction that would keep the connectors tight. Have had mine on for over 4 years and it never gets loose.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

My solution, hex head sheet metal screw to keep valve from coming off. Added this the first time the valve came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wdk450

I carry and use a small basin supplied to you during hospital stays for bed baths, to catch any inadvertent leakage. It is also a nice brown color.
Normally there isn't much leakage, and if you are still under warranty, you may have a claim issue.

After reading some other comments at various locations I ordered the twist on dump gate and I am sure this will solve the issue.

mobilcastle

I'll echo Dave the twist on valve by Valterra works great. I believe the model is T 58 is around $25. I bought one at CW.
My last 5ver I installed a twist on one and it worked great-my newer unit it came with it and it is bolted on-they are the best fix!:)

aatauses

I agree with all the great advice and will add something to consider. When you have the time, drop part of the belly and lubricate the valves with some type of lubricant, then lube the cables, you may??? just have a sticky valve that is not closing properly.
al
currently in Kenai, AK

rick_debbie_gallant

If I knew where the valves were I would add an access door of some sort that way dropping the plastic would not be needed.

danemayer

If I knew where the valves were I would add an access door of some sort that way dropping the plastic would not be needed.

Catch-22.

You need to drop the underbelly to find out where the access panels go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Snoshoe82

I had this same issue with my 4012 the tank and valve are located under the toilet. Had to take of half the belly pan to get at it. Turns out some "debris" stuck to the rubber seal and hardened causing it to not seal properly. After a cleaning and some vasoline it hasn't been a problem. "Knock on wood" I suspect the grey water may be going that way too but it will have to wait.