Leave slides out or in?

ditkitty

We currently have our rig parked at a resort, and 'visit' it every few weeks. We always bring the awning in, but were wondering if we should leave our slides out, or bring them in every time we leave? Also, we turn the city water off, but should we bleed the lines as well? Any other tips for our semi-permanent situation? Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We leave our rig on a summer seasonal site with the slides extended. When we're not "in residence," we turn off the city water, water heater and the propane, but leave the power on. I just crack open a faucet to relieve the pressure in the system, but don't completely drain it. I also bring in the main and slide window awnings.

This will be the fourth season we've done this and it doesn't seem to bother the rig.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bring our slides in, if we are going to be away from the rig more than a few days.

The main reason is, we stay in areas with a lot of wind and occasional dust.
This streamlines the unit and saves the slide toppers. Also keeps the rig cleaner.
I also think it is good to run them in and out every once in a while, if you are going to be stationary for long periods.
I think it keeps everything moving and functional. JMHO Trace

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Although we dont stay months at a time we are in the rig 99 percent of the time. Our slides are extended most of the time and are only in while traveling. Our observation is people who leave their rigs on-site seasonally do both. Some leave them in when unoccupied and some leave them out. Which ever you do check their operation periodically.

Nathan

Although we dont stay months at a time we are in the rig 99 percent of the time. Our slides are extended most of the time and are only in while traveling. Our observation is people who leave their rigs on-site seasonally do both. Some leave them in when unoccupied and some leave them out. Which ever you do check their operation periodically.

On a completely unrelated matter, When are you gong to get to the State of Washington?! :)

MTPockets

If you have a hydraulic slide, instructions say to actuate once a week, or once a week spray silicone dry lube on the cylinder rods if left out. I suppose this prevents rust from the rods.

PUG

Pug
If we are away for a week or more we always bring the slides in. It keeps the inside cleaner and keeps the sun from deteriorating the slide seals. On hydraulic units they want the rams sprayed and wiped off with silicone to keep the dirty rams from hurting the seals.