Leaving the Heartland Landmark family but not the Thor product line

G_Hage

It is with much disappointment with the first RV purchase we made that we recently chose to start over and buy new rather than used (and all the issues that can be associated with used RVs). We had hoped Landmark built or had plans in the very near future to build a similar floorplan to the LM we had, as we did like the product. But that was not going to happen, at least in our time frame.

Upon trading in the used unit we learned there were residual costly structural issues that went even deeper than anyone had previously been aware of. The Kitchen/Entertainment slide had considerable interior rotting and structural damage from a past issue which had gone on undetected apparently.Upon hauling it down to the dealership to be traded in, it let go and began to fall apart. Thank God we were able to get out without completely loosing our tails on the original purchase.

We are now the proud owners of a brand new 2013 Redwood 36FB (pictured) and are loving it. In comparing the two products we do see where each have things about them that stand out and separate one from the other. Overall, we are happy with our decision and do feel we have a Fiver of equal quality that shall serve us well for many years. The one thing we certainly came away with in this experience is that we would NEVER buy a used RV again. Not saying there aren't good ones out there for sale.

Thanks to all those out there that answered my many questions on this forum and helped in my researching of the history of our previous unit. Maybe we will see you at Williston Crossing Rally or if you're in the neighborhood at Grand Lake you are always welcome to stop in and say hello over a cup of coffee!

Attachments

• Redwood comes home 1.jpg
    Redwood comes home 1.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Redwood comes home 2.jpg
    Redwood comes home 2.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 334
  • Redwood comes home 3.jpg
    Redwood comes home 3.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 334
  • Moving day 1.jpg
    Moving day 1.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 338
  • Moving day 2.jpg
    Moving day 2.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 360

danemayer

Hi G_Hage,

The new Redwood looks great. Wish you the best in your travels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Theresau

We really like the Redwoods. Your new coach is beautiful.

It is with much disappointment with the first RV purchase we made that we recently chose to start over and buy new rather than used (and all the issues that can be associated with used RVs). We had hoped Landmark built or had plans in the very near future to build a similar floorplan to the LM we had, as we did like the product. But that was not going to happen, at least in our time frame.

Upon trading in the used unit we learned there were residual costly structural issues that went even deeper than anyone had previously been aware of. The Kitchen/Entertainment slide had considerable interior rotting and structural damage from a past issue which had gone on undetected apparently.Upon hauling it down to the dealership to be traded in, it let go and began to fall apart. Thank God we were able to get out without completely loosing our tails on the original purchase.

We are now the proud owners of a brand new 2013 Redwood 36FB (pictured) and are loving it. In comparing the two products we do see where each have things about them that stand out and separate one from the other. Overall, we are happy with our decision and do feel we have a Fiver of equal quality that shall serve us well for many years. The one thing we certainly came away with in this experience is that we would NEVER buy a used RV again. Not saying there aren't good ones out there for sale.

Thanks to all those out there that answered my many questions on this forum and helped in my researching of the history of our previous unit. Maybe we will see you at Williston Crossing Rally or if you're in the neighborhood at Grand Lake you are always welcome to stop in and say hello over a cup of coffee!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Best of luck with your new coach. It really looks nice. Did you opt for the residential fridge or was it even an available option? Travel Safe & Enjoy!!!

57chevyconvt

Have so good friends from North Texas that are currently visiting us in their Redwood RV. After a few thousand miles on the trailer the lower side panel brackets (2) on the door side slide both broke and the aluminum sheet metal panel was flapping in the breeze as they were traveling. I used a piece of 1" x 3/8" aluminum flat bar, made a 90 degree bend (heated the area to be bent with a torch to anneal the aluminum) to make a bracket 6" by 14" that we located near the rear tire. Note the brackets supplied by Redwood are not substantial to support the alum. panel. If your trailer is manufactured with this configuration, you might want to talk to the dealer about some better supports. I don't have pictures of this support bracket, but if needed I can get my friend to email me a picture or two.

G_Hage

Redwood, another in the Thor family of RV builders.

Attachments

• Redwood By Thor.jpg
    Redwood By Thor.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 66

dieselsweetheart

From what I heard from the Redwood salesman, the Redwood is the only original rig built by Thor. My sister/brother in law bought a RW last fall and they love it. It's a lovely coach. They moved their size down from their previous coach, from a 36' to a 31' and they are very pleased with it. Just think of us now as "cousins." Best of luck to you and happy trails!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Terry Cooper the "RV Professor" on Workkamper news has a Redwood. They rave about it. While theirs was getting ready they used a Landmark but they prefer the Redwood.