LED Awning Lights Added

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
As requested by the Mod Master (porthole) here are some pics of our added LED awning lights. Cost $60.00 with free shipping from http://www.m4products.com/strip-lights/

John mounted the remote sensor inside the awning outlet box and it works while covered. All and all an excellent addition!

Last pic is of the newly mounted 32 inch basement television.

Attachments

• IMG_4563.JPG
    IMG_4563.JPG
    725 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4562.JPG
    IMG_4562.JPG
    688.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_4561.JPG
    IMG_4561.JPG
    734.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4560.JPG
    IMG_4560.JPG
    754.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_4559.JPG
    IMG_4559.JPG
    727.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_4547.jpg
    IMG_4547.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4548.JPG
    IMG_4548.JPG
    500.3 KB · Views: 324

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
did you mount them flat on the wall of the Horn ? or angel them on the awning mounting stripe?

porthole

Retired
Deb, I'm guessing you show the outlet because something is added (lower right corner). What is that?

DougS

Doug S
I made the same mod last Febuary with a shut off switch right next to the patio light switch. Just returning from a cross country trip, we found we used these lights for outside lighting instead of the patio ight. One advantage in mounting the lights close to the bottom of the awning is the awning acts as a light shade preventing the lights from shining into the trailer parked next to us. With the awning closed, the lights on our unit only shines about 5 foot from the RV. By opening the awning as little as a cople of inches, the light shines 10 to 15 feet.

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Very pretty Deb! been trying to get Kenny to do this . I was wondering how big is your awning? ours is 20 foot .

ParkIt

I made the same mod last Febuary with a shut off switch right next to the patio light switch. Just returning from a cross country trip, we found we used these lights for outside lighting instead of the patio ight. One advantage in mounting the lights close to the bottom of the awning is the awning acts as a light shade preventing the lights from shining into the trailer parked next to us. With the awning closed, the lights on our unit only shines about 5 foot from the RV. By opening the awning as little as a cople of inches, the light shines 10 to 15 feet.
I think you posted yours up in winter with snow all around???

And this is bad for me. I'd go round the entire top just to flip people out while running down the road at night...and put it on strobe.
It could result in the need for a disco ball as well ;)

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Very pretty Deb! been trying to get Kenny to do this . I was wondering how big is your awning? ours is 20 foot .

Our awning is 18' but we installed a 16' strip. Didn't want to go through extending it although we considered it (for a very brief moment).

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Love the new lights! I saw them on a rig at Goshen and thought the light they give off not only to be efficient but very pretty.

wildwolfproducts

Did you by chance take pics of the install? Where did you run the wiring for this? How did you get the remote deal into the power outlet box? Was it hard wired in? Been looking at doing this same thing for the last year. Even have a roll of the lights here just not mounted them yet.
Thanks or the post it does get some of us fired up about getting this mod done.
Pete

VKTalley

Did you by chance take pics of the install? Where did you run the wiring for this? How did you get the remote deal into the power outlet box? Was it hard wired in? Been looking at doing this same thing for the last year. Even have a roll of the lights here just not mounted them yet.
Thanks or the post it does get some of us fired up about getting this mod done.
Pete

Pete, check out the Traveling Talleys blog (April 2013), Malcolm (MCT) added the LED lights to our Big Country and we love them. He does show how they were installed and he would be open to any questions you might have.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Did the same type of install this spring, ran the power, 12v, from the junction box in the hitch under the trims strips to the bottom of the awning arm where the light feed comes down. with some trailers there is a storage door just bleow the awning arm and you can run it all into there, especially since the transformers are usually not waterproof. the light strips, 5meter waterproof, can be had on Ebay for about $10 to $15 dollars.