LED lighting strip above awning

Dumboldles

3rd trip out with our 2016 BH 3010RE, I decided to do some cooking on the patio and turned on the LED lighting strip; wow really lit up the area. I had fellow campers come over to comment on how much light was coming out of the light strip. I'm discovering all kinds of positive components with the new BH and being pleasantly surprised by many of them. There is something to be said by purchasing a new/current model with the new technologies that come with it.

Dumboldles

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I'm discovering all kinds of positive components with the new BH and being pleasantly surprised by many of them. There is something to be said by purchasing a new/current model with the new technologies that come with it.

Dumboldles

We've been questioned a few times about the motion sensitive outdoor light above the door when the sensor is flashing green at night. Also we've been sitting outdoors in the dark when someone is taking a shortcut to the washroom through our site when all at once their in the "spotlight"...oops, gotcha !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

We've been questioned a few times about the motion sensitive outdoor light above the door when the sensor is flashing green at night. Also we've been sitting outdoors in the dark when someone is taking a shortcut to the washroom through our site when all at once their in the "spotlight"...oops, gotcha

Not sure I have an outdoor motion sensor..??? Do you control the on/off of this from inside the trailer?

travelin2

Not sure I have an outdoor motion sensor..??? Do you control the on/off of this from inside the trailer?

I'm referring to the light fixture above the door not the led strip below the awning track.
From inside, yep. Depends on how you toggle the switch. The light is either on or set to motion sensing.
We have a manual for the light in our blue pouch that explains procedures. Camper is closed up for winter so that pouch isn't readily available. Maybe someone else's is.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our awning LED light strip is so bright we have to wear 100 SPF sunscreen to keep from getting burned!

We call it 'The Beacon' as when it is turned on you can see it for miles!

Lights up half the campground . . .

I started a topic thread about dimmer switches for the LED lights a couple of months back and several posted dimmer switch options.

I will be putting one in this winter!

ProwlerAtMountaindale-P1000126.jpg ProwlerFlagsJuly4-P1000235.jpg

Kbvols

just wait a year or so for half of them to stop working . won't be so bright

Right on. Gadgets are great till they break then they become an annoying PIA. For me sometimes less is more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

Yes they give off a lot of light.......but what a PITA when your neighbor decided to run the things all night!! Be a courteous neighbor and consider how your gadgets impact those around you.

TxCowboy

These LEDs are bright. When we turn on all of the outside LEDs, it's a bright as a night game at a football stadium! :cool:

travelin2

Yes they give off a lot of light.......but what a PITA when your neighbor decided to run the things all night!! Be a courteous neighbor and consider how your gadgets impact those around you.

Have that right. Some folks lack a little campsite common sense judgement for sure!!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I did the dimmers on my light strips and love them.
But this is the first I've heard of a motion sensor entry light. Where is the sensor located ? And what does the switch look like ? I think you said you can choose different options with the switch.
I'll need to rig up my own.
Sent pictures

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

travelin2

I did the dimmers on my light strips and love them.
But this is the first I've heard of a motion sensor entry light. Where is the sensor located ? And what does the switch look like ? I think you said you can choose different options with the switch.
I'll need to rig up my own.
Sent pictures

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Ok. Since it is nice today and you want pictures seems like a good excuse to open the slides on the BH!!
This is the light above the door...
d480d249fb7ab75c03afe11894e40a6b.jpg

There are motion sensors in the fixture.
Owners manual...
bc7038496d1167a250f26bdd64e28b0c.jpg
4b485a79dcb50c76259ef5b2911ea700.jpg

Switch...
5f5cbdd09670eef6382f7fa5baad0974.jpg

I have to think your rig has the same????

travelin2

Oregon_Camper;458440" said:
Our 2015 Bighorn 3160 does not have the same entry light. Ours has no motion sensor like yours does.""

Model changes from year to year I guess!!!

bfs

I agree about the cheap crap including the LED Awning lights, still thinking about what to do with them, any ideas? I have a 2013 Big Country also.