level up movement

veteran

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3270RS with 6 point hydraulic levelers. I use wheel chocks between the tires and a tripod on the king pin but I still get movement inside while walking around. I've used 4 inches of blocks under the pads to shorten the stroke of the rams. Has anyone lowered the levelers on the frame mounts so as to shorten the stroke? Any success?

Noofear

I use slide stabilizers. I don't use a king pin stand because I have a flex air pin box. I do use wheel chocks and three inch wooden pads. I have barely any movement except when the wind is blowing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

padre44

I use chocks on my 2016 3570 and nothing else. I think you're always going to have some movement, but mine is not bad enough to go to more trouble.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We full time, and over time the movement gets a little more and more. I think because we are on a thin gravel pad that's not very level.

Seems we have less movement on concrete sites.

I've just gotten used to it. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donr827

Try setting up and leveling without the tri pod. Just wondering if it could effect stabilizing when using the 6 point.
Don

Garypowell

When we use our tripod after leveling and tightening the tripod as tight as possible I drop the front end down with just a one second push of button. This really locks the tripod in place.

Also use X chocks between wheels.

We don't have level up so this technique might not work for you as we put tripod in place with rig one second high.

But as noted above some sights will drive you crazy as it seems the unit shakes the whole time you are there.