Level Up System has lost its mind

TX_Clay

My Level Up System on my CY3010 has lost its mind. Left out on a 4 day weekend. Pulled into where we wanted to setup. Hit Level Up and everything setup as expected. Sunday, pulled in the slides, retracted the level up system, hooked to the TV, loaded the toys and 5 hours later was back at home. Backed into the drive, disconnected and hit the auto level button. Front dropped down, up a little, left side came down, lifted slightly. Right side came down and lifted the trailer past level and up another inch. Very noticeable hard lean to left side and beeped level. Green light flashing in the center of the controls.
I immediately went and retracted the legs and told it to auto level. Same thing, finale results was hard lean to the left side.
Retracted the legs again and manually leveled the trailer. Did the 10 up and 10 down sequence on the control panel and got the correct readings saying system was reset. Retracted the legs and set the trailer back to where it was when I disconnected from the TV. Hit Auto level and it setup with the hard lean to the left again and not the settings that I wanted programmed in.
Where do I go from here?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm guess I'd start by checking the control box up in the front compartmnent. Make sure it's still mounted firmly to the cross member. If it is you might have to go looking for the rear one. It's right in front or right behind your fresh water tank.
I guess that's where I'd start

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

CPDDet

You might want to try disconnecting the battery (cutting all power to the lift system) let it sit for a minute and then reconnecting. Kind of like re-booting a computer. I know this worked for another person I was speaking to at the campground last week.

Dave

Paradise2

Does everyone with a Bighorn use their auto level once unhooked from the truck. Kind of freaked me out the first time we did it...went all directions...just never seen that before. Do you place the yellow blocks under the jacks? Is it better to manually level it? We've only had it out once and I still have so many questions before we head out for the 4th of July trip. Any comments welcome!

Thanks,
Lynette

BusManRG

Does everyone with a Bighorn use their auto level once unhooked from the truck.

We use our auto level every time we disconnect from the truck, whether it's to camp or in storage. Auto level is one of the main features we were looking for on a new fifth wheel! It's fantastic! Don't plan on ever manually leveling a unit again. As far as the yellow blocks go, we have RV Snap Pads, so no yellow blocks! A little add-on that I would highly recommend. Learned all about them here on the forum

Sandy

Paradise2

We use our auto level every time we disconnect from the truck, whether it's to camp or in storage. Auto level is one of the main features we were looking for on a new fifth wheel! It's fantastic! Don't plan on ever manually leveling a unit again.

Sandy

Ahhh another female...thanks for responding.....

BusManRG

Ahhh another female...thanks for responding.....

There are a few of us on here! Travel Tiger is my hero! I want to be like her when I grow up in the RV world. Reality is, hubby uses a computer all day at work and once he gets home he wants nothing to do with them, so I keep up with the forum and the RV world and share my findings with him. And of course look up anything when he says "hey have you read anything about this?"

Sandy

CPDDet

Does everyone with a Bighorn use their auto level once unhooked from the truck. Kind of freaked me out the first time we did it...went all directions...just never seen that before. Do you place the yellow blocks under the jacks? Is it better to manually level it? We've only had it out once and I still have so many questions before we head out for the 4th of July trip. Any comments welcome!

Thanks,
Lynette

I just had my Lippert Level-Up system installed at the factory in Goshen IN. last week. Here are a few things I learned from the service manager, Josh.

1. The system Zero Point Calibration must be set first for the auto level to operate correctly. This is set at the factory but may need to be reset by the owner if the system doesn't auto level correctly. Instructions on how to do this are in the "Level-Up (Towable) System Owners Manual".

2. The leveling jacks can "stroke out", meaning they reach their maximum extension while trying to level the unit but can't extend far enough to level the unit. This usually only happens on a site that is sloped too much. If this is the case blocks need to be placed under the jacks to compensate for the slope so the jacks don't "stroke out". The manual states the site needs to be "reasonably level" (a lawyer would have a field day with that statement, LOL).

I did speak with a person last week at the campground who's system "lost its mind". He disconnected the battery to cut power to the system, waited a minute and then reconnected (re-booted the system). Of course the Zero Point Calibration would then have to be performed. It did fix his problem.

Dave

Oregon_Camper

Thanks,
Lynette

I only use the leveling system when we are going to be in the Bighorn. Meaning, I don't even put the rear 4 stabilizers down when the RV is in storage.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Auto Level when I do use it. Unhook...move truck away....hit Auto Level...Done!