Level Up System will not power on

twindadtoo

I just got our 2018 RW toy hauler home and unhooked. Leveled it. Front was a little low, instead of using key pad, I used the front leg button on the front of the trailer, stupid I know.
Now the key pad will not turn on at all. The fuse is good. I have 12 volt going to the controller on the red wire, but only have 6 volts on the black wire coming back out to the key pad.
Any ideas???
Lippert told me how to manually retract the legs so I can take it somewhere they think the controller is bad
We have a camping trip planned for next weekend, October 20-22
Thanks,
Jeff

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jeff did you find the fuse in the battery compartment ? It gets power off the hot side of the 50 amp circuit breaker for the level of control system.

Jerrod

b9a583d8c605b2156078d3c418d9a177.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

twindadtoo

Jeff you did find the fuse in the battery compartment ? I gets power off the hot side of the 50 amp circuit breaker for the level of control system.

Jerrod

I found a 10 amp fuse, but mine that I found did not look like that. I will look again.
Thank you Jerrod

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff you did find the fuse in the battery compartment ? I gets power off the hot side of the 50 amp circuit breaker for the level of control system.

Jerrod

Well, I got excited for nothing. The fuse I was looking at is the fuse in this picture. Dang it.
Thanks for the help

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Spelling corrected

(Jeff did you find the fuse in the battery compartment ?
It gets its power off the hot side of the 50 amp circuit breaker for the Level-up control system.)

Jerrod

twindadtoo

Spelling corrected

(Jeff did you find the fuse in the battery compartment ?
It gets its power off the hot side of the 50 amp circuit breaker for the Level-up control system.)

Jerrod

Yes, the fuse I had checked originally was the correct fuse. It is still good.

pegmikef

I just got our 2018 RW toy hauler home and unhooked. Leveled it. Front was a little low, instead of using key pad, I used the front leg button on the front of the trailer, stupid I know.
Now the key pad will not turn on at all. The fuse is good. I have 12 volt going to the controller on the red wire, but only have 6 volts on the black wire coming back out to the key pad.
Any ideas???
Lippert told me how to manually retract the legs so I can take it somewhere they think the controller is bad
We have a camping trip planned for next weekend, October 20-22
Thanks,
Jeff

I don't see where anybody had you check the resettable circuit breaker on the bus bar. There are two circuit breakers have have heavy gauge wire. Feel on the ends of the circuit breaker with the heavy gauge wire that does NOT go to the hydraulic pump. There should be a tiny button on one end. This button resets the circuit breaker when pushed. If the circuit breaker is blown then there is no power reaching the batteries (ie., charging from converter).

Az_Ernie

I have the same problem with our 2015 3160EL Bighorn. It is an intermittent problem that only happens occasionally (maybe every 20 or 30 cycles). When it happens, I will start shaking wire connections on the level-up controller in the front cargo compartment. So far, this has worked. I have not been able to determine if I have a bad controller receptacle or a bad connector on one of the wire bundles going to the controller. Mine is definitely a bad connection, not a circuit breaker. Good luck.

AZ_Ernie

twindadtoo

I don't see where anybody had you check the resettable circuit breaker on the bus bar. There are two circuit breakers have have heavy gauge wire. Feel on the ends of the circuit breaker with the heavy gauge wire that does NOT go to the hydraulic pump. There should be a tiny button on one end. This button resets the circuit breaker when pushed. If the circuit breaker is blown then there is no power reaching the batteries (ie., charging from converter).

I did not feel any buttons on the breaker. I have power everywhere else and can raise and lower the front jacks with the switch on the front of the coach.
Thanks
Jeff

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jeff I'm home and we can compare mine to yours side by side over the phone if you want to do that. PM me
Did you say you have a volt meter ??

JWK

Jeff check your ground connection from your battery to the frame and to the solenoid for the level up system I found mine was not crimped properly and would drop the voltage too low for the system to work. I re crimped and soldered the copper connections and have not had a problem since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twindadtoo

Jeff check your ground connection from your battery to the frame and to the solenoid for the level up system I found mine was not crimped properly and would drop the voltage too low for the system to work. I re crimped and soldered the copper connections and have not had a problem since.

I was able to get it going with the help of jesstalk it is in the connection on the key pad or the key pad itself. If I unplug the keypad and plug it back in I can get it to work for a period of time. I have done it three times now and we will see if this last time will keep it working.

JWK

I was able to get it going with the help of jesstalk it is in the connection on the key pad or the key pad itself. If I unplug the keypad and plug it back in I can get it to work for a period of time. I have done it three times now and we will see if this last time will keep it working.

twindadtoo

Jeff I'm home and we can compare mine to yours side by side over the phone if you want to do that. PM me
Did you say you have a volt meter ??

I had to unplug and plug back in 2 more times after we talked. So far the leveler is still able to turn on when I hit the power

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Maybe you should request a new control keypad. That one has the damage on top and someone has definitely​ been messing with it, not sure why ???? And after they broke it they must have glued it back in.
It's a brand spanking new unit. And we can see they've had trouble with it before they sold it to you.
I'd call Heartland and have them send you a new one. Cut out your dealer !!!!

Jerrod

twindadtoo

Maybe you should request a new control keypad. That one has the damage on top and someone has definitely​ been messing with it, not sure why ???? And after they broke it they must have glued it back in.
It's a brand spanking new unit. And we can see they've had trouble with it before they sold it to you.
I'd call Heartland and have them send you a new one. Cut out your dealer !!!!

Jerrod

It is on my list to call them tomorrow
Thanks again for your time. If we ever meet each other, there are several drinks coming your way

Jeff