Level up trailer lifting

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
All I know is when we were at Branson To level the trailer it had to bring the tires off the ground . When it was done I opened the slides all was good for the week Till I broke my leg Oh well that's another story!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've been wondering for a whole year what would happen if I hit auto-retract once the unit was off the trailer...kinda glad Kenny checked that out for me...won't have to worry about it anymore...LOL!

katkens

I've been wondering for a whole year what would happen if I hit auto-retract once the unit was off the trailer...kinda glad Kenny checked that out for me...won't have to worry about it anymore...LOL!

Glad I could help , if you need me to test anything else just let me know......Kenny

rjr6150

Count me as one of the Auto-retract crowd. Talk about panic. Thankfully the truck wasn't under the rig no damage to either. Do it once you won't make that mistake again.

Bobby A

O.k. all you helpful people out there, I got one more question before I do this thing next week. Once I get the rear jacks up enough to get the tires off the ground to lube up the wet bolts, whats the procedure to get the jacks back down in the orginal positions ?? Obviously I haven't had much time to play with this level up system, also you guys got me freaked out on what NOT TO DO !!
Thanks, wish we were joining you in Gillette, but I will be getting my new hip. I will be ready for ya in Goshen 2013 GOD WILLING.
Safe travel to you all.
Blessing,
Bobby A

donr827

With mine, I go to manual, hit the retract button and then hit the rear jacks. I use it when I go to hitch up the truck. Have not used this procedure like your situation.
Don

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Bobby, why would you use only the rear jacks? Raise the rig with all three on the side. That is if you are not hitched.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
My method, if at all possible is to leave the trailer attached when lifting the tires off the ground. When retracting I like to either use the auto retract (if connected) or I'll use the "rear" actuator to retract all 4 rear jacks together. The shock of all that weight on the system when the solenoid opens seems to be a lot less dramatic then trying one side at a time.

Last edited:

Bobby A

My method, if at all possible is to leave the trailer attached when lifting the tires off the ground. When retracting I like to either use the auto retract (if connected) or I'll use the "read" actuator to retract all 4 rear jacks together. The shock of all that weight on the system when the solenoid opens seems to be a lot less dramatic then trying one side at a time.

Sounds good, thank you

Bobby A

Bobby, on your LevelUp keypad you will just need to turn it on then scroll up to the manual mode. Hit enter. Then push the left button to raise the left side and the right button to lift the right side. You may have to alternate sides when you do this. If you lift only one side you will go beyond the electronic maximum for being off level and it will stop lifting till you raise the other side up a bit. This will extend all three legs on each side.
When you are done, again scroll up to the manual mode, hit enter and then push the retract button. Then use the right and left buttons to lower the rig.
DO NOT USE 'AUTO RETRACT'.

Peace
Dave

Update,
Thanks Dave,
I finally got out to do the job today and was successful as per the recomendations, the wet bolts sure do take the grease easily when the weight are off the tires. I also lubed up all 9 fittings on the tri glide, your right Ray, the first fitting was a little chalangeing but I got it. Thanks everyone who responded to my thread, this forum is the best !!!

camperjohn08

Just read this thread, just what I needed so I can check & remove a tire on my rig. BUT I have one of those stories too.. The very first time I tried to hook up (after I had backed My new Rig into my yard the week before), I "Forgot" to push the left & right buttons, which would raise the front up to the point where level up started, & before I backed the truck up.. I just hit "Auto Retrack"..before I before I knew it.... It was a On MY GOD, what have I done experience................:eek:
"I SHALL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!"

Quite honestly wish it was included on the DVD included with my new Rig with the 6 PT level up system.. Then we all would not do it. Everything was ok.. but nerve racking to say the least..

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well....if it makes you feel any better, I know of another person that did the same thing.
Only thing is that he had an audience as he was showing everybody how the Level Up worked.
The Auto Retract worked real good.

Peace
Dave

camperjohn08

Well....if it makes you feel any better, I know of another person that did the same thing.
Only thing is that he had an audience as he was showing everybody how the Level Up worked.
The Auto Retract worked real good.

Peace
Dave

Yep... Kinda kneels just like a camel.. not the thing you want to see or would expect.....

katkens

Yep... Kinda kneels just like a camel.. not the thing you want to see or would expect.....

I'm not sure who Dave is talking about ,but I bet he is an extremely nice guy. I would check your roof ,where the front cap meets the roof and see if any screws have been sheared off. The screws are underneath the plastic trim that covers the seam but should be able to tell if sheared without removing. LOL......don't ask how I know this...........Kenny

porthole

Retired
If you hit auto level or auto retract you can instantly stop the operation by touching any of the buttons, the system will go into "abort" mode and stop.

camperjohn08

If you hit auto level or auto retract you can instantly stop the operation by touching any of the buttons, the system will go into "abort" mode and stop.
Great Info.. but when It happened I got scared and said Oh S**t And didn't know what to do.. Do Now Though.. I did raise my rig today and checked the one tire /bearing I had some concern on. I love the way it lifts the Left side or the right side in manual mode.. Lowered it and leveled it in manual mode too.
Love this 6 PT level up system.

Bobby A

Great Info.. but when It happened I got scared and said Oh S**t And didn't know what to do.. Do Now Though.. I did raise my rig today and checked the one tire /bearing I had some concern on. I love the way it lifts the Left side or the right side in manual mode.. Lowered it and leveled it in manual mode too.
Love this 6 PT level up system.

Hi ya'all,
I have another level up question and figured I would attach it to my original thread. I have the info from Lippert to do a manual relevel, yaknow when the trailer settles and you need to tweek it. Well, my question is how do you lower side to side ?? My instructions show/ tell us how to raise it by hitting the up arrows but doesn't tell me how to lower it cause it doesn't have a down arrow ?? Hope you all know what I'm talking about.
Thanks,
Bobby