Level up trailer lifting

danemayer

Hi ya'all,
I have another level up question and figured I would attach it to my original thread. I have the info from Lippert to do a manual relevel, yaknow when the trailer settles and you need to tweek it. Well, my question is how do you lower side to side ?? My instructions show/ tell us how to raise it by hitting the up arrows but doesn't tell me how to lower it cause it doesn't have a down arrow ?? Hope you all know what I'm talking about.
Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby, on my 4 point system, when the retract button is lit, whatever button(s) you press next will retract. Press the left button and the left side retracts. Press the top button and the front retracts. Press the bottom button and the rear retracts. Press the right button and the right side retracts. I can also press combinations like Front and Right at the same time and the front/right jack will retract by itself.

When the retract button is not lit, pressing a button makes something extend.

Bobby A

Bobby, on my 4 point system, when the retract button is lit, whatever button(s) you press next will retract. Press the left button and the left side retracts. Press the top button and the front retracts. Press the bottom button and the rear retracts. Press the right button and the right side retracts. I can also press combinations like Front and Right at the same time and the front/right jack will retract by itself.

When the retract button is not lit, pressing a button makes something extend.

Thanks Dan,
Thats great information to know.
I wonder if it would be the same with the 6 point ?, I would hate to try it and get ill results, maybe someone can verify it would be the same as Dan explained so well.

Thanks,

jdfishing

Since there are a lot of experienced "level up" folks here, thought I would ask a question. When leveling manually, I do front to rear first. Then using the 4 rear jacks, I lower them until they just touch the ground. If one side is low, I then raise those jacks until level. Is this the correct way to level the trailer manually? If it is, then am I not tweaking the trailer by only raising those rear jacks? I don't believe the front landing gear raises with the rear jacks, either left or right side.

porthole

Retired
Thanks Dan,
Thats great information to know.
I wonder if it would be the same with the 6 point

lower left of control panel - do you have a retract button? Push it, should light a red LED, and then you are in retract.

Since there are a lot of experienced "level up" folks here, thought I would ask a question. When leveling manually, I do front to rear first. Then using the 4 rear jacks, I lower them until they just touch the ground. If one side is low, I then raise those jacks until level. Is this the correct way to level the trailer manually? If it is, then am I not tweaking the trailer by only raising those rear jacks? I don't believe the front landing gear raises with the rear jacks, either left or right side.

Front to rear, then side to side.
The system will work all 6 jacks together if necessary to prevent the frame from being twisted.

If I am doing level manually and leaving it on the truck I just lower the jacks to take a bit of weight off, and level side to side if needed.

Off the truck I will manual level if the door side is low. On my system the left side always levels first then the right. This can exaggerate the lift needed to level the trailer with a low door side.

When low on the door side I drop the right side manually, level, then the left side just enough to take the load off the tires.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bobby A

lower left of control panel - do you have a retract button? Push it, should light a red LED, and then you are in retract.

Front to rear, then side to side.
The system will work all 6 jacks together if necessary to prevent the frame from being twisted.

If I am doing level manually and leaving it on the truck I just lower the jacks to take a bit of weight off, and level side to side if needed.

Off the truck I will manual level if the door side is low. On my system the left side always levels first then the right. This can exaggerate the lift needed to level the trailer with a low door side.

When low on the door side I drop the right side manually, level, then the left side just enough to take the load off the tires.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, I do have a retract button, I will give it a try, thanks for clarifying.

camperjohn08

Another note:
If ya need to change a tire on your rig using the 6 point level up jacks this is how I did it.:
1. Scroll UP to Manual Mode
2. Hit Enter
3. Push Left or Right to raise the L or R side (will extend all three legs on that side.)
Note: You may have to alternate sides, If ya only lift one side you will or could go beyond the electronic maximum for being off level & will stop lifting until you raise the other side.
4. When Done: Again scroll UP to the Manual Mode, Hit Enter & Then Push the Retract Button. Then use L or R buttons to lower the Rig. (the lcd window will tell ya when that side is level.)
Always Remember: "DO NOT USE AUTO RETRACT" , if the truck is not hooked-up..:eek:

Hopes this helps.

f250dieseldad

Hey Duane, Could you show me how to reset the level? My camper is not level after the system is finished with auto level. Maybe this weekend. I have to make Queenie happy!!!! Maybe we could do a demo at the Northeast Rally this weekend?

Thanks, John

jbeletti

Hey Duane, Could you show me how to reset the level? My camper is not level after the system is finished with auto level. Maybe this weekend. I have to make Queenie happy!!!! Maybe we could do a demo at the Northeast Rally this weekend?

Thanks, John

John,

Another Heartland told me this is easy to do. Have I done mine yet? No! :) Let's do both in Copake. It's something like press a button 10 times, press another one ten times then press enter. Real simple. You'd think I'd know it :)

By the way, I want to level mine to where the ODS is just a tad higher. That pitches all the shower water towards the drain and all the condensate from the roof ACs to the DS. There are times when in the garage, that we run the AC. I only want to collect the condensate in a floor mop bucket at one corner.

PS: Bring a 4 foot level with you so we can get some real accurate measurements.

jbeletti

Hey John - did you noticed when I wrote my reply, I was bring my RV to Copake and we would do yours and mine? Error! I am flying in. See you tomorrow afternoon.

Bobby A

Another note:
If ya need to change a tire on your rig using the 6 point level up jacks this is how I did it.:
1. Scroll UP to Manual Mode
2. Hit Enter
3. Push Left or Right to raise the L or R side (will extend all three legs on that side.)
Note: You may have to alternate sides, If ya only lift one side you will or could go beyond the electronic maximum for being off level & will stop lifting until you raise the other side.
4. When Done: Again scroll UP to the Manual Mode, Hit Enter & Then Push the Retract Button. Then use L or R buttons to lower the Rig. (the lcd window will tell ya when that side is level.)
Always Remember: "DO NOT USE AUTO RETRACT" , if the truck is not hooked-up..:eek:

Hopes this helps.

Thanks for that info, I was wondering how you would raise the trailer to change a tire. I have one question though, you said in step 3 (will extend all three legs on that side). Are you saying it will lift the front landing gear also ??? along with the one in front of the tire and the one behind the rear tire ?? Please explain, I didn't think/know you could raise only one side of the front landing gear ??
Thanks,

camperjohn08

Thanks for that info, I was wondering how you would raise the trailer to change a tire. I have one question though, you said in step 3 (will extend all three legs on that side). Are you saying it will lift the front landing gear also ??? along with the one in front of the tire and the one behind the rear tire ?? Please explain, I didn't think/know you could raise only one side of the front landing gear ??
Thanks,

As I remember, all three legs on the left side raised when I raised the left side to remove the tire.. You wouldn't want to not raise the front jack leg also.. it could twist the frame in a extreme condition. The whole left side (drivers side) was higher then the right side and the tires were off the ground about 2 inches. The notes I wrote down are exactly how I wrote them, and what I did to remove the tire.. If anyone has it different please speak up now..

I am by no means an expert @ this, only done it once so far & then I wrote down my notes to myself for future use. Also when I did this, the rig was in my backyard and in the Level up mode (all 6 jack legs down and unit was level) When I said to look at the lcd window on the controller.. if ya only lift one side, when you bring the tires back down you can stop when the rig is zero'ed out on that side. The rig is pretty much back to level, at least it was in my case.

There was another thread in the forum about this very thing.. Just can't remember which one it was..

Hope that answers ya question.. And for others out there, Please confirm my steps.. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
John is correct. The front leg also extends when you raise a side (left or right).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Some thoughts on tires off the ground. I had to do this within 2 hour of having our LevelUp installed.

I would suggest leaving it hooked up to the truck. Even connected you can still lift the trailer.
All 6 or just the 4 rear jacks can be used. All 6 will lift easier.

The advantage of leaving the trailer connected is twofold. First, I think it is a bit safer this way. The big advantage though is with the trailer connected, you can use auto retract to lower the trailer.
Using auto retract will activate all 6 jacks simultaneously, making for a a much smoother operation.
Operating the jacks individually to retract can result in some jarring.

No matter which way you complete this I would recommend doing another auto level.
Raising the trailer high enough to remove the tires can have the jacks reach their limit, which can tweak the frame a bit.

porthole

Retired

Demos complete - the Queens are happy (I hope) and with any luck there will some more good deals at Goshen.

f250dieseldad

Thanks Duane!!! She is happy and so am I. It is great to have such great friends who are always willing to help. I could have never been able to do it myself. You and Dick have a nice evening with Jack.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I need to reset my Level Up. Does anyone know how do you reboot the complete system. It is just not working right and needs a shot!