Leveling a 5th Wheel Side to Side

traveler44

Just get situated in the site and lay the leveling boards outside of where the tires contact the ground. Then back up or pull forward enough to be able to scoot the levelers over in line with the path of your tires. Then pull up or back up onto the levelers. I carry two sets of the Lynx levelers and the top caps. The top caps make them a lot stronger when you are using them under a jack. Adjust your front legs down as close to level by adjusting the distance of the foot pads from the ground by adjusting the pin location in the holes. Then use the electric jack-- landing gear-- to raise the unit off the truck. Lower the front until you are almost level -front to back and then run your rear stabilizers down. They are the ones that self adjust on my Bighorn. We call the electric jacking system in the front the landing gear. You could write a book about what most dealers don't know about their products. Tom

JanAndBill

On the four fivers that I've owned, I always mounted a kingpin level on the kingpin box. That way I can see if I'm level side to side without getting out of my truck. I use two ramps, one under each wheel, that way I can watch my kingpin level as I pull up on the ramps for a center bubble. I never need to get out of my truck.

Duh!!! This is one of those "Now Why Didn't I Think Of That??" suggestions. On my way to the store to buy another level. Now if I can remember that the image is reversed in the mirror and not put the blocks on the wrong side. My wife thanks you!!!!!

wdk450

One thing to remember is that the biggest reason you want to be level is for the extended life of your ammonia absorption refrigerator. Having said that, the rule of thumb for modern (post 2000) RV refrigerators is "if you are comfortable walking around in the RV, it is most likely level enough for the refrigerator". If you have to park for more than an hour grossly off level, turn off your refrigerator.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have been using Level-lites available from Mobile Outfitters since Gillette Rally. Makes it so easy. One above kingpin box and one on side near switch. Love it.

Hogan,
I missed that Level-Lite in Gillette for some reason. It sounds pretty good. I think I will look into getting one. Thanks, Trace