Leveling Adjustment For Front Landing Gear -Key Largo

MaxOwner

Was on my own setting up last night and spent 45 minutes trying to get into a site where trailer just doesn't fit. Scratched the **** out of the drivers side of trailer on tree branches and dinged front corner on stump by landing gear. IF we didn't have friends coming out for the weekend with their trailer, I woulda left.

Front kinda levelled up for me but not quite. Noticed I had pressure building in my head when I went to bed. The drivers side is a little low but by level not too much. Wheels ARE level, by the level.

Think my phone may have video capability but it has little memory. What will video show?

danemayer

Noticed I had pressure building in my head when I went to bed. The drivers side is a little low but by level not too much.

Max, I have a bit of acid reflux, so I have to keep my head and shoulders elevated a bit. When we tiled the platform under the mattress to make it slide easier, I added a lift for the head of the mattress. It's a closet shelf turned upside down. I had Home Depot cut a few inches off the end so it would fit and put tape over the rough surfaces so the mattress would slide up over it without catching. It lifts the head 4-5 inches. There's a 2x4 at the head, mounted to the shelf with 1 1/2" wood screws and fender washers.

If you can't figure out how to get the level to keep your head level, you could try this - the tile is a good idea as well.

Attachments

• RV Bed Tile and lift.jpg
    RV Bed Tile and lift.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

MaxOwner

Thanx Dan for the picture.

This weekend things almost leveled up for us. The wife even commented that things weren't great, but we didn't turn the bed around.

MaxOwner

Just got the trailer back from an 11 item list of repairs.

Between each job the tech adjusted the trailer in the shop for level. 4 times out of 11 the trailer did not level up in the front. The tech called Lippert. There is a thought of there being air in the system. The plan is in the spring to get it bled off. Or if the problem still persists, a valve (of some sort) will be installed on the passenger cylinder to increase pressure to the cylinder.

I commend the female tech for being very persistant on this for us.