Leveling System Leak

cgaskins

Howdy all. I have a 2015 Big Country 3650 with the Lippert Level Up system. I noticed a small amount of hydraulic fluid on top of one of my landing feet after my last trip. I finally got time to poke around and couldn't see where the seal was leaking (it might be - but I couldn't see it. Advice on finding a seal leak on the foot would be helpful...)

What I did notice was some leaking around my fittings at the top of one the landing feet. I cleaned it off and tightened the connectors the best I could. There were 2 connectors on each line that would tight but I wasn't sure the difference. I attached a photo below showing the two connectors I am referring to - circled in yellow and red - on the photo.

Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 4.23.52 PM.jpg

So my question is - are there any guidelines for tightening these fittings? All of my other fittings on the other feet were perfectly dry in good shape.

-Chris

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Howdy all. I have a 2015 Big Country 3650 with the Lippert Level Up system. I noticed a small amount of hydraulic fluid on top of one of my landing feet after my last trip. I finally got time to poke around and couldn't see where the seal was leaking (it might be - but I couldn't see it. Advice on finding a seal leak on the foot would be helpful...)

What I did notice was some leaking around my fittings at the top of one the landing feet. I cleaned it off and tightened the connectors the best I could. There were 2 connectors on each line that would tight but I wasn't sure the difference. I attached a photo below showing the two connectors I am referring to - circled in yellow and red - on the photo.

View attachment 51306

So my question is - are there any guidelines for tightening these fittings? All of my other fittings on the other feet were perfectly dry in good shape.

-Chris

That's a swivel fitting, I believe the red circled part is just to use as your spinning the fitting into the hose before it's crimped.
You'll want to put a wrench on the yellow part and another wrench to the fitting to the left of it. Holt that fitting in place and tighten clockwise the yellow fitting. shouldn't need to do anything to the red part. I think I'm right but now I'll have to look for myself.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

cgaskins

That's a swivel fitting, I believe the red circled part is just to use as your spinning the fitting into the hose before it's crimped.
You'll want to put a wrench on the yellow part and another wrench to the fitting to the left of it. Holt that fitting in place and tighten clockwise the yellow fitting. shouldn't need to do anything to the red part. I think I'm right but now I'll have to look for myself.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Thanks Jerrod. I did tighten the yellow fittings no problem. I turned the red ones some and they did tighten up some but not like the yellow ones.

-Chris

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The red ones should be connected solid to the hydraulic hoses so if there turning sepretly from the hose that's a problem. I don't think that's the case.
And if you were able to spin them in the flared fitting then the yellow ones were loose.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Look at the bottom of the cylinder. There are a couple of bolts there. Be sure they are tight as well. They are banjo bolts.
I had one that was leaking pretty bad so I got a new banjo bolt. I took the old one out and found out I had the wrong size for replacement.
I put the old one back in and it hasn't leaked in a couple of years. Go figure. Prior to that it would fill up the top of the pad with fluid.

Peace
Dave