light wiring

diamondl

We have a 2013 bighorn 3260 that came with a very cute orange light under the stairs. it seemed like a good idea, except it was on 24/7. this wasn't a problem for long because it burned out. my wife would like to have it back, maybe when the porch light is on or the motion sensor has been set. any body had these issues?
diamondl

jimtoo

Hi diamondl,

If the light you talking about is under the outside steps, then look at the base of your inside steps for a switch. If you porch light is controlled with a remote, then it maybe controlled by the remote. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with an answer for you.

Jim M

I am moving this to the correct area.

pegmikef

Yeah, there is no switch . . . as Jim said, it is in fact controlled by your remote that you use for sliders, awning, etc.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Everyone with the newer fifth wheel has experienced that same question. As the others said the only way to turn on and off that light is with the remote. Maybe not the best engineering design however when you get used to it, it's really no problem

Rod Ditrich

priorguy

Even travel trailers with the remote option gave the same issue. I spent a lot of time trouble shooting and trying to find out why it didn't work on my porch switch for the rear door until the forum saved me with the correct answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron-Cookie

I just replaced the bulb in the orange light under the stairs with a LED replacement... They claim they last for over 50,000 hours... That is 2083 days or over 7 years should I leave it on 24/7 which I do whenever I am using the trailer.... I could turn it off but then why bother?