Lippert Auto Level Level up display problem

GregBassine

Have 2014 Bighorn 3260EL. My display is virtually unreadable on my Lippert Level Up control panel (see attached photo). I have asked a repair shop and they suggested I unplug it and let ambient energy dissipate then plug back in and that should fix the problem. I would like to try that but in the process do NOT want to destroy it.

My questions are:

1. Based upon the photo shown (Photo # 1), the control panel is located at the top right corner of the basement opening, and that and all wiring is encased in a plastic shroud. Does the front panel pop off with a screw driver, or is that actually part of the unit and stays attached all the time?

2. Either way, how do I get to the place where I can un-plug the unit?

3. Before doing so, should I turn off all breakers first?

4. Based upon the photo shown (Photo # 2), you can see what the problem looks like. Do you think unplugging the unit would fix the problem or do I need to get a new control panel?

Of course, any guidance anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greg BassineBighorn - 2014 3260 Elite Level-Up Control -1.jpgBighorn - 2014 3260 Elite Level-Up Control - 2.jpg

Attachments

• 2014 Bighorn 3260EL - LCI Elkectronic Leveling Problem.jpg
    2014 Bighorn 3260EL - LCI Elkectronic Leveling Problem.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 57

CDN

B and B
Hello,

4 screws hold the whole shroud to the rood of the basement. If you take those out the whole assembly falls down. Easy to unplug from back. Or turn off DC disconnect and unplug AC power achieves the same thing.

The Tannner's who are here on the forum did a video of Controller failure and removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCtx8USquVs

GregBassine

Perfect, thanks! The Tanner's video showed their unit posted in a different place, so I was worried I could break something if I pried too hard. Thanks again. Greg

Hello,

4 screws hold the whole shroud to the rood of the basement. If you take those out the whole assembly falls down. Easy to unplug from back. Or turn off DC disconnect and unplug AC power achieves the same thing.

The Tannner's who are here on the forum did a video of Controller failure and removal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCtx8USquVs

Oregon_Camper

Perfect, thanks! The Tanner's video showed their unit posted in a different place, so I was worried I could break something if I pried too hard. Thanks again. Greg

Greg...that video was done on my sisters RV....not our Bighorn.

If you need help...just let me know. You are about 5 mins from us. :cool:

GregBassine

Thanks Jim, will do. I'll try it myself first. Let you know if it works. Take care, Greg

QUOTE=Oregon_Camper;605681]Greg...that video was done on my sisters RV....not our Bighorn.

If you need help...just let me know. You are about 5 mins from us. :cool:[/QUOTE]