Lippert Flex-Air

Hi All -

I thought I would take a poll on upgrading to a Flexair Pin Box. Living in Cali we have more holes in our roads then smooth and flat. That doesn't include the launch sites at every overpass crossing. I thought a Flexair would help the rig and the ride.

Thoughts from the community?

Glen

Last edited by a moderator:

Lance & Jo

In 2011 we suffered the "Broken Frame" problem that a lot of others have had to deal with and I wound up having to move the trailer from Utah to the factory. Think I spent most of that trip staring into the rear view expecting to see pieces of trailer scattered over the road. Anyhow got a lesson in how much up and down stress the trailer was going through. While at the rally that year Lippert put the Trail Air on sale and thinking it might help I bought one. After watching it absorb/reduce the vertical shock on the hitch I'm convinced that this is the best thing I've done for the trailer.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Installed the Flex Air pin box late October and only put about 20 miles on before going to storage. A solid, well built pin box. Hopefully it will smooth out the ride.

All -

Thanks for the feedback. I have heard nothing bad, and pulling a 40' anything to make the driver more comfortable is for sure a plus. WE have also had a couple of issues with the ABS piping on the shower drain breaking. We have had to install two flex coupling. I think it is stress in the plumbing and the vertical up and down is not helping.

Glen