Lippert leveling system

JBehrens

I recently purchased a 2012 Bighorn with the Lippert Leveling system. This past time out, the system did not retract the back stablelizing jacks when turned on. I'm not sure why, but my question: Is there a better way to retract the stableizers than with the crank as this is physically challenging for me?

P.S. To remedy the situation I lowered the front jacks from the front switch, then used the Lippert control to raise the middle jacks and hand
cranked the stableizers. I'm looking for an easier way to remedy the
situation if it occurs again.

Thanks Jerry

jimtoo

HI Jerry,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't have the Lippert levelup myself, but someone will jump in soon and give you the answer. Or it might be better to call Lippert and ask the service dept.

Enjoy the forum and your Bighorn.

Jim M

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you have the Heartland leveling system made by Lippert that utilizes the rear electric stabilizers. One thing that has helped some people is to cut the power to the system. A reboot. Try turning off the battery disconnect switch for a minute or so and try again.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

My stabilizers sometimes won't come up and the msg panel just says "stopped" because there was a little settling and there's a little weight on the stabilizers. Try extending the rear jacks slightly to take pressure off the stabilizers, then start again.

DougS

Doug S
I assume you have the 4 point system with the rear two electric stabilizers. I have found that the two rear stabilizers need to be lubed to work right, I spray them with silicone spray. I have had mine not work once or twice, I then used the hand crank to get the stabilizer loose, them scrolled through the stabilizer screen, the stabilizer then worked. Sometimes resetting the computer will get them to work. Shut off all electric to the computer from the battery and unplug from the shore line. Wait 20-30 seconds, computer should re-set.

DW_Gray

I don't have the Level Up system so I don't know if this comment will apply. I know when I have a lot of pressure on my electric stabilizers, they will not retract. I have to lower the landing gear first to relieve the pressure on the stabilizers.

Note: I intentionally raise the front after putting the stabilizers in the down position for improved overall stability.

As for our Cyclone, the stabilizers are needed to give some support for loading and off-loading of our smart car. So here's a question: Does RV's other than toy haulers really need the rear stabilizers? I'd think the Level Up would be more than enough to stabilize the RV.