Living in Heartland Rig in the Wintertime

icechex

Travelin' Terrell Tigers!

Yes - my refrigerator is a Norcold and from investigating it (and my manual) I've been pleasantly surprised that the refrigerator/icemaker does not need any special precautions for freezing weather. Thanks so much for the comment.

D. Hasty

icechex

Rex

Many thanks for your generous offer of help. We should be fine, and once again thanks for the comments and the help.

You guys be careful coming home next month.

thanks again

D. Hasty

jayc

Legendary Member
Before we left Creede Colorado we had several mornings of well below freezing- as low as 24- and had no problems with freezing water lines. Maybe we were just lucky...

caissiel

Just had the past 3 night at 26F and water lines have been good here.

Sent from my GT-S5660M using Tapatalk 2

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Rex

Yes - my refrigerator is a Norcold and as stated above (see other comments from me) the manual clearly describes it as being capable of operating in temps between 0-32 degrees F. The manual indicates (however) that the line coming into the solenoid 'may not' be protected i.e. exposed to outside weather or not insulated. However, my incoming line is enclosed within the trailer and 'is wrapped' in insulation. I'm assuming this is an improvement related to the BC or the 2012 models. In any event - I'm impressed with Heartland.

BTW, my last name is Hasty too....without the 'E' though.

Thanks for your comment - it is appreciated.

D. Hasty

We don't know where the "E" came from. It was a misspell upon immigration when my great grandpa came over as a boy from Ireland.