Livingroom slide floor rotting

blandsjj

2010 Bighorn 3055RL living room floor rotting. Has anyone had a problem with this. Water is getting in somewhere but don't know where maybe windows. Took pictures and sent to Heartland but warranty is expired so may not get any help. Just checking to see if this is a problem others have had or is it just me.

Last edited:

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear about this! I have heard of slide delamination issues in older models but I thought that had been taken care of with the newer ones. You might search the forum for this information.

Hope all turns out for the best.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
blandsjj, can you be more specific as to what area of the floor is bad? Maybe some pictures? too many times things go unnoticed. One thing I've learned early on in an RV lifestyle is to inspect often. Crawl around underneath and look over every nook and cranny. Many times problems can be taken care of before they become a major issue. Sorry to hear about your floor and please let us know how things work out for you. Thanks!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
blandsjj Do a search on living room slide plywood. We had a problem with our Sundance and corrected it ourselves. Heartland Customer service was great. Ours was out of warranty also. Sorry that you have this problem. We had to take up the carpet and also the vinyl in order to see the problem. Good Luck and post some pics for us.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The problems in the past were the plywood floors rotting from the side edges due to exposed plies getting rainwater setting on them. Normally, the central portion of the floors were unaffected unless there was some other point of water intrusion. Those of us with earlier models put aluminum trim on the ends of the slide floors to stop this, or got the material from HL to do it. The newer models came with the trim installed by the factory. As mentioned, earlier, photos if you have them.

aatauses

I agree with JohnDar, I also had water running down the wall of the slide and then pentrating into the exposed plywood. I contacted HL and they sent me plastic angles for all the slides and that took care of the problem. I would check your other slides to see if they are having the same issue.
al

ultrafarmer

I had water run across our floor and out the door. That was a shock, it turned out the vent hose from the fresh water tank was not connected and when filling and tank got full, water would somehow spray onto the floor. Lucky I found that and fixed it.

ArkSlim

Sorry to hear of your problem but I am experiencing a similar problem. Recently went through a severe storm and afterward was moving some things around when I found wet carpet along the rear outside wall of both slides, where the electrical boxes are (2010 / 3610). Looked at both outside found the trim along the bottom of the door side slide to be loose put sealer over area where the gap was but when I tried to tighten the screw it wouldn't tighten. Tried a longer screw but found it wouldn't hold either. Wood is rotted, took a nail and pushed it into the screw hole about 2-3 in before feeling anything solid. Have not yet checked the other side but couldn"t see anywhere it was leaking. Know wood must be replaced but uncertain how to do it. Recomendations,suggestions or comments to repair these problems would be appreciated. "Inability to post pictures" THANKS