LM 365 - Indentifying 2 Wires on DC Bus

davebennington

Doing some more investigation and I found that there were several wires that are fastened straight to the hot side of the 12 volt bus. I am going to have to trace these down and see if there is a inline fuse somewhere, also what they power.

dave

jbeletti

Re: Landmark 365 - Ashland

Dave,

Take a look at the two documents on this page in H.O.M. One wire could be the battery cable and the other wire could be from the converter. Both of these will be easy for you to drop, then test with a meter. Be careful :)

branson4020

Icantre Member

Doing some more investigation and I found that there were several wires that are fastened straight to the hot side of the 12 volt bus. I am going to have to trace these down and see if there is a inline fuse somewhere, also what they power.

dave

:confused: Does that mean fastened to the battery side of the 12V breaker?

Bryced15

Not the Ashland so this may not help, but when we were looking over our Newport we tested out all the switches. Just inside the door where all the controls are located on the Newport there was a double gang light switch that was not labeled. The one switch operated the ceiling light going up the stairs, and the other switch we finally figured out operated the amber light under the outside steps. Looked like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 22

danemayer

dave

Dave,

If a small wire, one possibility is that it feeds the emergency break-away circuit, although I think that sometimes comes straight off the battery terminal.

If it's a heavy wire, it could be the power to crank the generator.

I've attached a notated picture of my buss bar. Your 365 may be different given all the new electrical stuff in your rig.

Also, the block diagram in the Residential Refrigerator Guide may be helpful. It's based on Beletti's coach, but you probably have a similar arrangement. Given that the inverter power side probably has an inline fuse, they might have picked up the power at the buss bar instead of the battery terminal.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 37

davebennington

I did get a chance to track down the 2 wires that were connected to the hot bus lines. The first picture is where the line goes to the front jacks and it does have a inline fuse (good work Heartland). Picture 2 is the hot line coming from the battery to supply power to the 2 circuit breakers.

Before anyone gets excited yes there were red covers on all the breakers I took them off so I could see what was going on, I will put them back!!

Picture 1:IMG_20141215_082359_735.jpg Picture 2: IMG_20141215_082412_144.jpg

dave