LM 365 Key West/Orlando

Routemaster

Hi Guys.
My wife and I are looking at getting either a Key West or Orlando, we like the washer drier setup in the Key West but was wondering how the washer perfoms in the slideout?

jimtoo

Hi Routemaster,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Hopefully some of our other members will jump in soon with their report about the washer drier setup in the slide out for you.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you in a Heartland.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Heartland has discontinued with the LM365 Key West if you are thinking about ordering one. We have the 2015 Key Largo which is the prior to the Key West and like it. Since the Orlando is a new model, maybe someone who has recently gotten one can answer your question about the washer in the slide.

Last edited:

TxCowboy

Yes, the KW series has been discontinued. If, however, the OP is looking to purchase a used KW, the washer/dryer is not mounted in a slide. It is mounted on the main floor of the coach either as a stacked version or as a side by side version (if you have the hutch).

oldelmer1

We have the Orlando and have the Splendide combo in the slide closet closest to the bedroom side and we have no issues whatsoever. I guess you will always feel the washer when it goes into high speed spin, but the shake is minimal and doesn't last very long.

ksucats

We have the 2015 Key West with the stacked washer/Dryer in the main coach floor. I personally like the idea of the W/D in the slide (in the hallway going to the BR) but I wondered about the weight of that whole wall slide on the coach we viewed. I don't know if it is the Orlando -- that model does NOT sound familiar. What we liked about it though is that it does not take up room from the Kitchen/LR area when in the slide. Now, that said, you need to remember that the water lines MAY (emphasis mine) not be heated so use in the winter may be an issue. Again, I'm not familiar with the Orlando but just an item to check on while you are looking. Best wishes on which ever coach you decide on, we love our Key West for its size and usability.

LBallard

We have the Orlando with side by side setup. No problems with either.

There is no drain outlet for a washer drain pan. I haven't pressed that issue. Also, be advised the Orlando washer drains into grey tank #2. I found out the hard way. Our previous Key Largo washer drained into Grey #1.
It makes more sense to have it drain into the galley tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk