LM365 Dealer Recommendations

OToole

We are seriously considering a new LM365. I have read that RVs4Less is a quality dealer for the LM365 but they are over 1300 miles away. Can anyone recommend a quality dealer within a 3-5 hour drive from central Colorado? Seems as though the only local dealer is Camping World and I quickly discovered I know more about the product than they do. Not inspiring. There is La Mesa RV in Albuquerque but not sure of their reputation. I'd rather drive 1300 miles and do business with a quality dealer than drive 300 and be dissatisfied.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have bought 4 different Heartland products over the last 10 years from RVs for Less in Knoxville, TN. Since you do have a distance to drive, the one nice thing about this dealership is that they will let you stay for several days in the camper on site to help shake down the bugs out of the unit and then, if you would like, go to the 2 nights free at a local campground. Others have had good luck with McGeorge's Rolling Hills RVs in Ashland, VA. They were a sponsor for the 2014 National Rally in Urbanna VA and several folks have bought from them since then. There is also a new dealership in Elkhart called Tiara RVs who will have display units at this years National Rally in Goshen. Hope this helps

avvidclif

We are seriously considering a new LM365. I have read that RVs4Less is a quality dealer for the LM365 but they are over 1300 miles away. Can anyone recommend a quality dealer within a 3-5 hour drive from central Colorado? Seems as though the only local dealer is Camping World and I quickly discovered I know more about the product than they do. Not inspiring. There is La Mesa RV in Albuquerque but not sure of their reputation. I'd rather drive 1300 miles and do business with a quality dealer than drive 300 and be dissatisfied.

Most sales people are clueless, that's why you have to know what you want and how to operate the systems when you are shopping. If you do then the only problem is price. Look for the best one and wherever it is do a very good PDI before signing. Most dealers have at least 1 tech who knows which end of the RV goes to the truck. Once you leave with it warranty service can be found about anywhere and from reading on here Heartland is very good to work with.

My 2 cents worth.

danemayer

Hi OToole,

Heartland is pretty good about authorizing warranty work by independent shops and mobile service (you pay the travel charge). But it's a good idea to scout out service locations in advance of your purchase so you are prepared. If your local dealer is busy, and most are, they may prioritize warranty service to support the customers who bought from them.

We drove 1,100 miles to buy our Landmark and all the warranty work was done by a non-Heartland dealer near our home. They had previously been authorized by Heartland.

GOTTOYS

Can't speak for the store in Albuquerque, but I have bought parts from the La Mesa store in Tucson several times when I've been in the area. They have by far the nicest most helpful lady working in the parts dept. of any parts department I have ever been in. I've also talked to several salespeople and found them to be very nice and knowledgeable. I wouldn't be afraid to buy from them based on my experiences there. If Albuquerque is the same it would get a thumbs up from me......Don

OToole

I appreciate the replies. We plan on going full time and traveling, primarily in the west and southwest. The advantage of going through a local dealer is this area will be somewhat central to our travels. Having said that, I am not opposed to traveling, to say Knoxville, for a good dealership as we do have family and friends in that area.

Bryced15

We are lucky enough that we live in the Knoxville area and were able to order our 365 Newport from Rvs4Less. Cannot say enough good things about everyone at Rvs4Less. I would doubt that you would be able to find a lower price anywhere else also.

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader

We bought our Landmark from La Mesa RV in Albuquerque. Their reputation is not the best so we have our warranty work done by a local firm that just repairs and is not a dealer. I found the shop and Heartland worked directly with them to make sure everything is done right. I would find you the best RV you can even if you have to travel a ways and then when you get it home find a reputable repair shop that Heartland can certify so you can get the warranty work done.