LM365 - Induction Cooktop

jbeletti

Good morning Keith. There are so many different camping styles. Having 40# tanks could satisfy anyone's needs. What Tom is saying is that "most" LM365 buyers will not likely need maximum propane on board.

Most (but not all) dealer stock orders and retail custom units will be ordered as follows:
- Standard Induction Cooktop
- Standard Residential Refrigerator (a gas absorption RV refer will not be an option)
- No Propane Oven
- No Propane Generator

In those coaches, the only propane users are the furnace and the water heater. And then, only when the customer needs/elects to use the water heater on propane and only when the customer need/elects to use the furnace over other heating sources.

As such, in these coaches, the propane requirement is very low.

For myself, I will order the generator. I use it each travel day at lunch time. I very rarely use the water heater on propane. We order with a heat pump and fireplace. We very rarely use the furnace except when we find ourselves in the RV below 40 degree.

Further, by using 30# tanks and leaving space for and an upgrade path to 40# tanks, we have:
- Reduced base cost slightly
- Reduced weight slightly
- Reduced the weight of full tanks one has to carry when refilling

Similar to the way of the Residential Refer, Induction Cooktop, Convection Oven - a buyer can still opt to get an RV dual power refer, propane cooktop and propane oven. And now, 40# tanks. The choice is still there.

Thanks for all the feedback, Keith and everyone and please, keep it coming. Let us know how you feel about "having choice". Let us know what we are missing. Let us know what we've added that will provide little to no value to you.

Last edited:
T

TomMontague

Thanks Jim for adding some color - sometimes I might be a little too black and white. Have a great weekend.

porthole

Retired
you had to option the hitch package just to get surge protection.

That "full timers" option is something I would have passed on. The hitch was a joke and if anyone else could have seen Keith's new Landmark leaving Goshen with bikes on the back and hitting that bump - they would most likely remove the bikes and the hitch!
The Surge Guard surge protection is something I would have replaced with a full protection system. The camera is overpriced and I would not replace my current TST TPMS for something that took up more room and was less capable as well.

That said, I would like to see more information on what was installed on the Newport Demo for the electrical management system. That looked very intriguing and I would like to see more about it.
What does it all do? Who makes it?

Will it allow any two of the three AC's to run while the electric water heater is on and the we are using the induction cooktop and possibly the microwave as well? While the dish washer is running? During the day while all the lights are on, TV's and the converter is running near max?

Load shedding capabilities could be the future.

........ a complete 110v coach. Actor Robert Dinero has one and it operates no different from his home.

Not even in the same campground as the rest of us.

jbeletti

Duane,

The load shedding system you are asking about is a Power Control System by Precision Circuits, Inc. I took pictures of the control panel and panel board (breaker panel) when I was in Elkhart this week. I also downloaded the manual for it and sent it to Dan Mayer for inclusion on HOM.

Let's move the Power Control System discussion to its own thread here.

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
That "full timers" option is something I would have passed on. The hitch was a joke and if anyone else could have seen Keith's new Landmark leaving Goshen with bikes on the back and hitting that bump - they would most likely remove the bikes and the hitch!

I hear what you are saying Duane, but that full-timers package hitch has carried my bike rack and those bikes for over 8,000 miles since we got the coach last March and has not been one bit of a problem. I use the rear-view camera to watch the bikes as we head down the road and they do bounce and jiggle, but the hitch holds them great. I know the hitch doesn't look like much, but it sure works well.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Good morning Keith. There are so many different camping styles. Having 40# tanks could satisfy anyone's needs. What Tom is saying is that "most" LM365 buyers will not likely need maximum propane on board.

Understand Jim, and I know Tom is trying to make a fit for the "masses" in an area that has different opinions on what is necessary and what is not. I commend Tom and Heartland for doing a great job of satisfying most. All I was saying is that, for me, I'd have to add the gas stove and oven and the gas generator, so 40# tanks would be almost mandatory. Just options I would have to add as opposed to coming "standard" on previous coaches (not the generator of course).

I really like having Tom take such an active interest in what Owners have to say and I like being able to add my 2 cents worth of comments even when I disagree with the decision. Don't ever change that!!