Long bed truck vs. short bed truck??

meagle

Hi folks. We will be fulltimers next year and have begun our truck shopping - yikes! So many options! My question for today - do most of you pull your Landmark with a long bed truck? We looked at RAM trucks today and the 3500 dually comes only in the long bed. If you are pulling with a long bed truck, can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of having such a long truck? I am assuming the obvious difficulties in parking lot spaces, but are there other things we need to be thinking about, good or bad?? Thanks for the help!

I have a 2014 Landmark Grand Canyon. Initially I towed it with a 3/4 ton crew cab short bed. The weight and size was too much for my truck in tight mountainous terrain. I didn't know who was pushing or pulling who! I purchased a new long bed dually. What a difference! Towing is a breeze and very comfortable. I don't worry about hitting my cap with the truck, the ride is much more comfortable, I have more bed space, and no longer worry about payload capacity. After driving the truck for 3 months now I can say that driving it in the city is not a problem for me and I have always parked in "far away" spaces in all of my vehicles so parking has not been an issue either. I would not go back to a non-dually short bed truck.

SNOKING

Hi folks. We will be fulltimers next year and have begun our truck shopping - yikes! So many options! My question for today - do most of you pull your Landmark with a long bed truck? We looked at RAM trucks today and the 3500 dually comes only in the long bed. If you are pulling with a long bed truck, can you tell me the advantages and disadvantages of having such a long truck? I am assuming the obvious difficulties in parking lot spaces, but are there other things we need to be thinking about, good or bad?? Thanks for the help!

Soon to be Newport owners

RAM can be had in a Mega Cab short box dually which is a foot or so shorter than the crew cab long box. If we switch to a dually that is what we would get as we have the hitch and boxes all customized for our sb truck. Chris