Looking to purchase a 2017 cyclone

Ty_Bailey

Hello. .my wife and I are looking to purchase a cyclone 5th wheel toy hauler. I've got a rm 3500 and our toys consist of 4 seater sand rail,maverick 1000 and a Baja bug.the 14 foot garage is what I've got my eye on.I've come across a great deal of complaints about the cyclone,I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance that this top of the line rig has gotten better.any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks

danemayer

Hi Ty_Bailey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you've been reading forum posts, on any forum, you'll find that the nature of most discussions revolves around problems and fixes. Sometimes people take the time to post about their great experiences, but that's much less often. As a result, it's easy to come to a conclusion that is not an accurate representation of the product.

I'm sure some of our Cyclone owners will chime in shortly to give you the benefit of their personal experiences.

Sniper

Hello. .my wife and I are looking to purchase a cyclone 5th wheel toy hauler. I've got a rm 3500 and our toys consist of 4 seater sand rail,maverick 1000 and a Baja bug.the 14 foot garage is what I've got my eye on.I've come across a great deal of complaints about the cyclone,I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance that this top of the line rig has gotten better.any response is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Here is my experience with our 5 year old Cyclone. It has been FANTASTIC! We had a water leak at the city water hook up the first time we used it. I tightened it, with no problems since. At 3 years we had to replace a propane regulator. We just replaced all 4 tires (5 counting the spare) That's it! We use ours a lot. We love ours so much in fact we have done many upgrades to it. Opinions, and experiences will vary though, but if we are ever in the market to buy another new 5th wheel, a Heartland Cyclone will be on top of list.

I'm sure other owners will chime in soon. Welcome to the forum. :)

BLR

We just ordered or should I say we are waiting to get a vin # on our 4018..after 4 months of looking and looking at reviews of SOB we came back to Cyclone..
We will be full timers in a few years but my DH needed a big garage, and I wanted a north south bed..so there was not to many options..I also didn't want a kitchen island so that narrowed the brands down also...So we ended up ordering a fully loaded + 4018 in Blue, yes we know there will be issues but all in all we loved the Cyclone, and the Heartland forum reassured us of our decision, so for whats it worth get the Cyclone and don't look back..

RottsNScotts

I have been in my Cyclone 4114 for 6 months, full time. I am another Cyclone owner who LOVES it! I am also a first time RV'er and have had SO many questions so also love this forum who have been so helpful! I don't have "toys" in my garage, that is where I keep most of the stuff I need for my dog training and shows. I have NO complaints at all. Have done some modifications but those were to fit my lifestyle - well, except for the bathroom faucet; its faucet is so short it barely clears the back of the sink so you can't get your hands under the faucet! Picked a better faucet and it was an easy fix!

If you have any specific questions, I will tell you what little I have learned so far!

alwaysbusy

RV's are no different than TV's. Everyone will have their own opinion as to what is the best or worst. You can find multiple owners of each of the big 3 (Dodge, Chevy or Ford) that will complain of all the problems they've had during their time of ownership. It's just the way it is, no manufacturer is perfect, nor can they build a perfect product. I think someone in a forum on here said it best one time. If one is looking to buy a coach but does not want to deal with issues, problems or warranty matters that will inevitably come up, they shouldn't buy one. Certainly in no means am I suggesting this is what your saying Ty but I think it is so true. We ordered our 4000 end of 15', picked it up March 16'. The coach is our get away home and we load up atv's. We splurged on the options and did the custom paint job. We had both PDI concerns and even to date we have warranty matters needing addressed. None of our issues have been what I call "trip stoppers" and have messed up any of our get aways. All our issues have been minor at best, fixed and taken care of with no questions asked. From ordering, shipping and replacing an entire sofa, to sealing a sink, Heartland has been great to work with. My wife and I have no complaints thus far and would purchase again given the opportunity.

Power-Stroke

We currently have a 4200. Before that, we had a 4100. Other than routine maintenance and preventative maintenance, we have had very minor issues that required warranty work. Heartland has been very prompt on the warranty end. Given this is a very expensive purchase and you're looking for reassurance, I would recommend going to Elkhart, IN and touring some factories so that you can see for yourself and not take a "salesman's word" that brand "x" is better than brand "y". For what it's worth..... I have no reservations recommending Heartland and the Cyclone brand.

Good luck and let me know if you have additions questions. This forum/community is a great resource.

Jay

jam20ster

This is our 3rd Rv. First 2 where brand X, then we decided to step up to a Cyclone. While I didn't have any bad experiences with first 2, there is no comparison to the Cyclone. I, like others have had a few minor problems, but both Heartland and my local repair facility have made it a pleasant experience. No matter what company you buy from there will be issues, but what separates Heartland from the pack is how well they take care of the customer after the sale.

Dennyha

We love our Cyclone 3010. I've had several service issues with it, but they were either handled under warranty, or I fixed them myself. Heartland has been great to deal with when issues did come up.

OEFVET

Heartland customer service has been outstanding. They go above and beyond. That said, I have had a few minor issues with my Cyclone but all have been corrected and fixed. The weak link is the dealer. Make sure you choose a dealer with a good reputation.

Ty_Bailey

Thank you everyone. Will post a pic of our purchase as soon as the deal is done.glad we have found this community. Happy trails