Hello and Excited to Ordered a Cyclone 4000 Elite - Can't Wait to Get'r Loaded and Rolling !!

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I have been living in a 2008 Carriage Cameo with a couple good trips. We ordered a new 2013-1/2 Cyclone 4000 Elite Toy hauler. We don't have toys but I will be putting my office there so the living room doesn't get cluttered like it does with a single living area RV like the Cameo.

I think I will have lots of questions but I've read quite a bit where others have already shared.

Happy to meet you!

Tim

rgwilliams69

Congratulations on your order - these coaches just cannot be beat! We use our garage as a part-time office as well (after we move the golf cart out), works pretty good. It is nice having those separate living spaces. Looks like you are from Texas so you will have favorable temperatures, but just a heads up that the garage is not well heated or cooled if you close it off from the rest of the unit (sliding glass door). Something you might want to look at is additional climate control if you are going to have computer equipment in there. There is an option to get a third AC in the garage, might be worth looking into and cheaper if you have the factory do it at order/build time.

Happy camping/working!

Thank you and we ordered the Artic package for our chillier adventures and I did order the garage AC with your reasoning in mind. I felt it was better to get that installed from the factory and let any leakage and wiring issues be on Heartland's nickel if any issues arise the first year. I may separate the wiring so I can run the garage AC directly by running it to an additional outlet that most campsites have. Many camps have 15a, 30a, and 50a. If they have separate circuits then I could run the garage AC with a direct cord. But I haven't gotten it in my hands yet so I will see.

Thank you for the welcomes !!

Congratulations on your order - these coaches just cannot be beat! We use our garage as a part-time office as well (after we move the golf cart out), works pretty good. It is nice having those separate living spaces. Looks like you are from Texas so you will have favorable temperatures, but just a heads up that the garage is not well heated or cooled if you close it off from the rest of the unit (sliding glass door). Something you might want to look at is additional climate control if you are going to have computer equipment in there. There is an option to get a third AC in the garage, might be worth looking into and cheaper if you have the factory do it at order/build time.

Happy camping/working!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tim, the debate has always been that HL does not warranty any of their coachs for full time life style. BUT, it has never effected their warranty for things that go wrong. There a lots of people that full time im Cyclones and have not had any issues. Congradulations on your new coach. BTW, did you upgrade the tires??

Tim, the debate has always been that HL does not warranty any of their coachs for full time life style. BUT, it has never effected their warranty for things that go wrong. There a lots of people that full time im Cyclones and have not had any issues. Congradulations on your new coach. BTW, did you upgrade the tires??

Upgrade tires? Could you explain more about that?

Thanks,

Tim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Upgrade tires? Could you explain more about that?

Thanks,

Tim

The Cyclone comes with Towmax (or BlowMax as some folks call them) tires. There have been several instances of failures with these. You can order Goodyear G614s from the factory and it is cheaper than putting them on yourself after delivery.

Hi,

I've found the way to generate the map for where we have been. However, I can't find where I can upload a picture to my profile. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Tim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
At the top right of the page, click on 'Settings'.
Look over on the left hand side of that page for 'Edit Profile Picture' or 'Edit Signature Picture'.
Be mindful of file size.

Peace
Dave

DW_Gray

Congratulations TimToolMan! I think you'll love your Cyclone. I too use my garage as my office and workshop when the smart car is not towed inside.

Wmnmy

Welcome Timtoolman lots of great information on this forum like everyone has stated so far get rid of tow master tires you will be glad especially after your first summer .. Congrats on ur new rig.

Today we driving to pick up the unit from the dealer about 5 hours away. We are excited and will soon be taking our first real trips! It's been a while coming but the Heartland dealer rep, Mike Aplin, was really great answering questions and getting things done.