Losing the weatherstripping on the slides (again)

SeattleLion

We took our first trip this past week. We discovered that the "D" weatherstripping on the livingroom slide is gone! The "D" weatherstripping on the kitchen slide is hanging half off. The vertical weatherstripping on the livingroom slide is dropping down. This isn't the first time this happened. This is our third season. At the end of the first season, the D weatherstripping was replaced and supposedly locked in place by the dealer.

I have a few questions:
  • What is the D weatherstripping called (size, type, etc.)?
  • Is there a place I can order some quickly at a good price?
  • How can I get this to stay in place? After this trip I noted that it is the traveling that is pushing the weatherstripping out. For example, it was about 10" out on the kitchen slide when we left the campground and about 3 ft out after we got home.
  • Is there a technique to get this weatherstripping in place? I have slide toppers, so I can't "follow" the weatherstripping along as it is put in.

Thanks,
Bob

Mcook

Is it the window
weatherstripping? I can reseat mine and after 2 or 3 in/outs it pulls out again.
fc40668218139801acab812f94d59c5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

"The D-seal should be secured with a small screw (self drilling/tapping to both ends) to hold it in place." - Is correct, but add a small washer and sealant. This is what the Heartland techs did on my unit in Goshen last year.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Also buy some "DRY" silicone spray and spray them every so often. The rubber will get sticky and the slides can pull them loose at times.

NTXNEWBIES

"The D-seal should be secured with a small screw (self drilling/tapping to both ends) to hold it in place." - Is correct, but add a small washer and sealant. This is what the Heartland techs did on my unit in Goshen last year.
This is definitely the correct way to solve the issue. We just finished this procedure on our large kitchen/living slide, pulled 1500 miles and all is good!

dlw930

This is definitely the correct way to solve the issue. We just finished this procedure on our large kitchen/living slide, pulled 1500 miles and all is good!

I did this to mine a few weeks ago, as well. This begs the question, if this is the correct solution, and Heartland knows it is, why is it not installed this way on new coaches leaving the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aandaar

Mine has done this once. I looked and don't have any screws in the weatherstrips. Can any provide a couple of photos of the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie