Loud buzzing from the Automatic Transfer Switch.

wdk450

BTW, ESCO stands for Elkhart Supply Corporation. Heartland has previously used their products.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hi Dan, hope you guys are doing well and thanks for chiming in, always appreciate your feedback and wealth of knowledge.
I did contact both
heartland and PD way back when the rig was new and was told by both that the hum/buzz was normal, wasn't audible from inside the 5th wheel but could be slightly heard form outside the storage area and once the storage area door was open could be heard quite well.
I'm a perfectionist so needless to say it has been quite annoying!!!!
We just have Gen. prep but no Gen. onboard so we use strickly shore power so
i'm loving the new TS from ESCO - Silence is golden, LOL

So you are saying for $200 I can eliminate that annoying hum? If that's true I know what I want for my birthday next month

That's exactly what I'm saying Bill.
The ESCO LPT50BRD can be had on Amazon for $196.00 and I have prime and actually received it the next day - free shipping.
Completely silent, zero hum,buzz, ect…
One precaution - the way the unit is set up all three wire harnesses go through knockouts on the same side so make sure you have enough wire to make a straight shot with all three for ease of installation.
There are her knockouts on all sides but 6ga. wire is pretty tough to manipulate...