Low clearance question

bird

Does anyone know of an app to show low clearances, not only on state roads, but also county roads?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Mike Paolini
Bighorn 3270RS

chiefneon

Howdy!

I use Co-Pilot gps app on my smartphone and tablet. It has a RV setting that you can use to set the height of your RV up to 13'. Works great never had a problem. I liked it enought to purchase the truck version when we purchased our Cyclone because it is 13'9". It has also kept us safe and on the right track in our fulltime adventures.

https://copilotgps.com/us/

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

SilverRhino

The data is available for Garmin, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Google Earth, TomTom, MapSource, and Rand McNally. You can access all of the formats that you require for your personal use. Go to LowClearances.com to update or get your Lifetime subscription. This is by far the best source I have found for low clearances and is very easy to use.

wdk450

The data is available for Garmin, Microsoft Streets & Trips, Google Earth, TomTom, MapSource, and Rand McNally. You can access all of the formats that you require for your personal use. Go to LowClearances.com to update or get your Lifetime subscription. This is by far the best source I have found for low clearances and is very easy to use.

The POI Factory (Points of Interest) has hundreds of geographical location files downloadable to most GPS's including a low clearances file which you can customize to your desired height limit.

http://www.poi-factory.com/

SilverRhino

POI-factory.com does have some great customizable files......and I use a number of them. My experience with their low clearance files is that they are not as complete or reliable as the ones from Low Clearence. Again, this has been my personal experience and what I am most comfortable with.

Travel Safe!

Bohemian

Any of the RV specific or trok specific GPS Navigation devices, or programs.

Garmin
Tom Tom,
Etc

whp4262

I use the Good Sam GPS by Rand McNally, you can put in your hight in the RV mode and it will warn of low clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverRhino

I use the Good Sam GPS by Rand McNally, you can put in your hight in the RV mode and it will warn of low clearances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Garmin RV 760 and it works the same way.......My concern is how up to date the data files are. My Low Clearence files shows more up to date info than what is in the Garmin files and I have heard from others that the same thing is true for the Rand McNally.