Low Point Drains

righttime

The summer seaso is coming to an end and it is time to think of putting the rig away for the winter. As I am new to my rig I have not been able to find the low point drains. Does the Big Country TS3450 not have any or should I get new glasses.

jimtoo

Hi righttime,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I think they have eliminated all the low point drains, but not sure. A lot of folks are using air to blow out the lines or using the pump to put antifreeze in. But someone with more knowledge than me will be on and let you know for sure.

Meanwhile, enjoy the forum.

Jim M

righttime

Thanks Jim

I hope you are right as it will save time. With my old trailer I would blow the lines and then add anti-freeze

Neil

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I think (my normal disclaimer) that they were discontinued 2 years ago or maybe 3 now.

bill40

Our 09 BC 3500RL has them, but I think( same problem as Bob) the later models do not.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I believe that HL discontinued them because of the water lines freezing. I have thought about removing ours. You can tell the difference between the low point drains and the FW tank drain. The low point drains have 2 lines next to each other with twist off caps. At least ours does. Our FW drain has a brass angle cock on it and it is a single hose on the ODS. I have never used the low point drains.

Last edited:

vangoes

Look at not having low point drains as a positive!!!! In reality they were/are not perfect low points so they did not really drain the system completely and they present a freeze point if you are camping in freezing temperatures. I have them and wished I didn't.

Jellystone

Our 2010 Road Warrior has low point drains. Red & Blue lines with a petcock valve on the ends to drain or to leave closed. They are located under the camper close to the front door steps.--- Our fresh water tank drain line is white with the same style petcock on the end. It is located under the camper near the UDC. Each set of drains has a helpful sticker on the side of the camper labeling them.

JonV

I just came in to this part of the forums with the same question, thinking I was half blind for not seeing them. :eek:

Our 2011 3510RL doesn't have them and I wish it did. Our previous units had them and I found it handy for blowing the lines clear before pumping antifreeze into the system. They were also the last point to bleed the antifreeze through when winterising so I never had problems with them freezing.

I'll get used to not having them but for a creature of habit like myself it might not be easy. :)

jbeletti

Hi Jon,

Couple of tees, about 8 pex clamps, two feet of pex and two 1/4-turn valves - done deal. Could be a nice spring project for you :)

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Our 3450TS does not have low point drains. Just finished "dewinterizing" today! Sanitized the fresh water tank and all seems good. We will try it out this weekend. Still raining cats and dogs here...most counties on NOAA Flood Watch. Sure would be nice to see a sun once in awhile.