LP gas regulator

Tom_Diane

We will be in site summer of 2011 and have access to 250 gal lp tank. Not sure if we want to use it yet. Was wondering ,will we have to add different regulator or can we simply hook into the regulator from our 30lb tanks? The installation of the tank will be done professionally but dont want to get too big an expense and dont really want a regulator to mow or trim around. Reason for the interest is for heat in early spring and late fall.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
You will need to bypass the on board LP regulator. The people that rent you the 250 gallon tank should supply a regulator. Also the LP supplier normally will do the connect as part of their service.

Tom_Diane

Thats kind of what I was thinking. The tank belongs to the park but no regulator on it. I dont suppose it would be too much cost to put a regulator on it but cost will go to us because it is not even on the site we will be using. Thanks for the replies.

jimtoo

Thats kind of what I was thinking. The tank belongs to the park but no regulator on it. I dont suppose it would be too much cost to put a regulator on it but cost will go to us because it is not even on the site we will be using. Thanks for the replies.

I would check with the propane supplier, not the park, for a regulator. I would think the supplier would provide a regulator.

hoefler

You can use the regulator off you rig. You will need to have a new line that will run from your regulator that will be installed on the tank to the fitting in you rig.