Main tv in new landmark newport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomnbeth

I finally got time to spend in new 2021 Newport RV and boy am I disappointed. I went to connect my living room TV to the internet to watch Prime video and discovered that my "new" TV is already 2 years old and is NOT a smart TV. Why would heartland install a non smart TV in a coach designed for fulltime living.
My 5 year old Charleston had a smart TV.
Has anyone on this forum recently purchased a new landmark? If so what model of TV is in yours.

RickL

While mine is a 2018 Oshkosh, none of the 3 TV’s were “smart” TV’s. They were all Insignia to start with. Luckily for us, the main TV went out within the first 3-4 months. Heartland gave me a credit and I replaced it with, at that time, the to
of the line Samsung. However, I also needed a MorRyde adapter plate to get it to mount. I replaced the Bedroom with a HiSense smart TV (against my wish’s and wants as it’s a Chinese made tv) as it was and still is the only 39/40” TV that will fit our cabinet.

Tomnbeth

Heartlands response to my tv issue is that it will not be covered under warranty and they never said that it would be a smart tv.

Matt750

I understand your frustration, but you can actually still buy a brand new tv that is not “smart”. I wouldn’t consider a “dumb” tv to be older, just cheaper.

Tomnbeth

Matt, the manufacturer's date of manufacture on the tv is May 2019. It may not be smart but it is definitely old. I can make it smart but I can't make it younger and I don't understand how you get a two year old tv in a brand new coach. I just think this is taking cost cutting too far.

ILH

I have a 2020 Newport. After experiencing some cable issues, I discovered that my main TV was an Insignia "refurbished" model. It doesn't bother me - the TV has a great picture. With regard to tombeth's comment about the TV being 2 years old - technically it is new, since I assume it wasn't used / sold previously. It might not be a smart TV - but not all TVs sold in stores are smart TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.