Mallard - Screen Door Latch

DanPace

I purchased a M29 from Camping World of Katy, TX early September this year. We didn't notice during the acceptance inspection that the screen door latches do not attach to the door frame. In other words, when the primary door is open, the screen doors will not latch in the closed position. I am having to use bungee cords to keep the screen doors closed. I would like to know the solution to my issue. By the way, I live 300 miles from Katy, in Denton, TX so returning to the dealer for a fix is not reasonable. Thanks, Dan Pace

Chopperno1

I had the same issue on my M32. It took about 5 minutes per door to fix. Unlatch the screen door from the primary door. Let the primary door swing and stay open. Bring the screen door as close to being closed as possible. Grasp the door one hand high one low and pull in the direction needed to latch. 2 or 3 slight tugs is all it should take. The hinges are aluminum and flex and bend easily. This did not alter the primary door from opening and closing and fixed the issue. When I took my trailer in for the recall on the lights I spoke to the tech and he advised they use a wedge of wood behind the hinges and close the door to bend the hinge out just enough to have it latch. Hope this helps you out.

This was also brought up a couple of days prior by Goff.
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/64024-Mallard-M32-screen-doors-not-latching

Last edited by a moderator: