Mattress Question for Newer Model 3055RL Owners

GaryB

Great photo, Jim!

Is there any danger of the vanity door breaking or damaging something next to it (e.g. dresser, wall) while traveling? Seems like flapping around like that while in transit would not be a desirable situation.

Jim B.: Was this an intentional design objective, or an oversight? Just curious.

Thanks
Gary

jbeletti

Gary,

To my knowledge, what you are seeing in Jimmyt5's pic is a replacement mattress that requires the cabinet door to be opened to allow the slide to come fully in. I believe the mattress supplied by Heartland is shorter. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

GaryB

Thanks JimB! If that's the case, he must have replaced it with a "California King" mattress. To my knowledge, that's the only mattress longer than 80 inches (which is the length of standard "king size", either RV or household). The WIDTH dimension (70" versus 76") is what distinguishes an "RV King" from a "standard king".

Please let me know if I'm wrong, since I plan to order a 70" wide x 80" long custom mattress for my 3055RL next week, so it'll be done by early May.

Thanks!
Gary

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
You can have a custom sized air mattress made...similar to Select Comfort...only alot cheaper at Airbed Discounters.com

We have a dual chambered mattress with separate controls...works great and fits perfect. And yes, the beds that come in these, and pretty much all RV's, are that BAD!! Usually hard as a rock.

Jimmyt5

Jim This IS the mattress that came with the rig, you are looking at a foam topper.

If you don't open the door it starts to push in on the cabinet.

The door seems to stay ok just lay a shoe or pillow in front of it.

Jimmyt5

Here are some more pictures. Am I the only guy that has to do this?
You will note on one picture with tape it is 80" And it is up against the headboard.

Attachments

• DSCF0194 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0194 (Medium).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0195 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0195 (Medium).JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF0196 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF0196 (Medium).JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 46

seabee

Has anyone replaced the king size mattress,ours is almost a year old and I,m feeling the metal springs thinking at first I was laying on a bone the puppy had played with in the bed nope its the springs the top of the mattress must not have much pad and the thing makes noise like grandmas old metal bed.
This is a short life for a mattress.:eek:
UPDATE to mattress from Flair.
We have replaced the 71 in x80 with a 60 x 80 in Queen.
Changed the base, cut it down to the fit Queen,this took about three hours to finish.
Our new bed is kinda high as we used a 4 in box springs but it sleeps great ,going to build a platform on each side to help the short wife to get in,this has made moving around the bedroom much better.

bobbsides

We have the 3250TS. Replaced the stock mattress with one of the sleep
number Queen beds. There is room under the front part of the particle board
by the slide to place the operating unit there. Cut a small hole in the board to
allow the hoses to the mattress and the controllers to pass through. This is the
same bed we have in the home. Total comfort.

grizzlygiant

......Garry also put tyvac on the board underneath the mattress. Now it is quite easy to move the mattress when making the bed and it doesn't get snagged on the particle board.
Hope this is helpful.
Bev

You can also pick up a piece of left-over sheet vinyl floor covering from any carpet shop for a few $$. Put it between the particle board and the mattress and then you can easily slide the mattress down when making the bed.