Mattress replacement

pokypa

We are looking to change out our king size mattress in our Big Horn. Has anyone had any experience with a company called Lastingimpressionsfoam.com. We are looking at the 72 x 80 king 12" thick. They show it listed for 599.00 free shipping and 10% off that. Any pros or cons would be a great help.

Last edited by a moderator:

jnbhobe

We just put a 4 inch topper from Wally world on top and Its better than our 2K mattress at home

danemayer

We have had their 12" RV King for several years and liked it so much that we got a regular King for the house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hcriddle

We have the 12" king also and love it. We are going to replace home mattresses with theirs as well.

danemayer

I'm reminded of the story of The Princess and the Pea. The Princess couldn't sleep a wink even though resting on a pile of 20 mattresses - each one the softest mattress in the kingdom - because there was a single pea under the first mattress in the pile.

For members of the Royal Family, buying a mattress over the internet may not be the best idea.

I'm not saying we have a Royal in our family. But we did get lucky. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pokypa

We received our new Lastingimpressionsform mattress today. We decided to get the 12" thick one with the 9" support base and 3" topper form. It came packaged in a box that about 1" x 6",
It is amazing to watch it unfold when you cut the plastic seal off. Inside of 30 mins it was 12" thick. We will wait 72 hrs before we use it. Time will tell.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Anyone shopping for a bed with a Costco membership should take a look at their mattress offerings. They have some in the store but there's a much bigger selection online.
Very few places let you return a mattress (they'll even pick it up) within 30 days after the sale if you're not satisfied for any reason.

ICamel

We have had a LastingImpressionsFoam mattress in our Elkridge since May 2012. One of the best modifications/upgrades we have made. Sleeping in the 5r is great and I put a lot of nights every year in mine.

SeattleLion

We got our Amazon mattress. It's great! The memory foam has just right hardness for us. The only possible issue is that this mattress weighs 93lbs. The OEM mattress is about 30 lbs I think. Not that big a deal since our trailer is over 13,000 lbs anyway.

sengli

We ended up keeping the queen sized OEM mattress, and just added a 3" foam topper to it. It is very comfy to us anyway.

Hogladyrider

Looking to see if anyone has experience with the Brentwood Home 9" Gel Infused HD Memory Foam mattress.

Found it via a blogger who has in their RV and loves it.

It has very good reviews on Amazon as well. Considering pulling the trigger and ordering one as we are miserable with the mattress that came with our RV despite it being brand new.
Susan

ucwinters

Bought a 8" queen short gel-infused memory foam mattress from this Ebay vendor and pleased after using it for a week's vacation - paid $239 w/ free (quick) shipping:
http://stores.ebay.com/premiersleep/

I'd bought a regular sized queen mattress (same composition) from another vendor on Overstock.com for more money and like the cheaper Ebay mattress better.

Hogladyrider

OMG after much research, yes I often research things "to death"........I opted to purchase the 13" Brentwood Home mattress from Amazon and I can't say enough GOOD things about this purchase.

Other than the box being pretty beat up upon delivery, the mattress was in perfect condition and we were able to get it into the RV with no problems. Removing the original mattress required a little more effort but we got it out. It will be donated to a charity.

It was amazing how quickly the new mattress "popped out". I was afraid that 13" might be too high, but it was not. We have had WONDERFUL nights sleep with this new mattress no pressure points no aches and pains upon waking up.

It was a great buy for the price as I was not willing to spend thousands on a mattress, never have, never will.

Susan