MCD Manual Shade Stuck in down position

RVFun4Us

I have the single (no black shade) MCD shades in my fifth wheel. The one above the dining table is stuck in the down position, evidently extended too far. No matter what I do, it will not go up. Any suggestions on how to get the shade to go up normally short of taking it off the wall? And if I have to do that, what is the procedure for releasing the shade. TIA.

jwill

We had the same problem. I too was worried about taking the shade off the wall. I called MCD and they told me that the brake was stuck and to pull down hard on the side that was stuck. I did so and the shade stared working normally again.

RVFun4Us

We had the same problem. I too was worried about taking the shade off the wall. I called MCD and they told me that the brake was stuck and to pull down hard on the side that was stuck. I did so and the shade stared working normally again.
Sounds like your shade was stuck in the up position since you had to pull down to release it. Mine is stuck in the down position, maxed out and won't release to retract up to the top.

NYSUPstater

How ironic that this topic /problem came up. We have 2 MCD shades that don't go up fast or hardly at all w/o some assistance. So this past Sat, I figured I'd see if I can get the table shade to work better being that it's smaller (other one is behind couch). RVFun, you have to push back the release tab on valance side of the shade just like you would for mini blinds in stick house. So once I got mine off, found the speed adjust end and turned few times. Several tries later, finally got it so it would go up by itself albeit a lil on the slow side. So figured a couple more turns of the screw and should be good to go. Should have left it where it was. Upon trying to do last adjustment on screw, it somehow became disengaged and now have the same result as RVFun. Shade is down and won't go back up. Despite removing it, rolling it up by hand, re-installing it, now it's like it won't budge. Giving a good tug on it and it unrolled fully. Grrrrr........

jwill

No, they were stuck in the down position. You have to pull hard, but less than an inch. You will feel it when it releases. If in doubt, give MCD support a call and get instructions directly from them.

RVFun4Us

No, they were stuck in the down position. You have to pull hard, but less than an inch. You will feel it when it releases. If in doubt, give MCD support a call and get instructions directly from them.
Well, I tried your suggestion and it worked. Didn't know which side the brake was stuck so just chose the left side, pulled down hard and it released. It seems to work fine now. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Will be careful in the future not to max it out when pulling it down.

NYSUPstater

I called MCD yesterday, explained what was going on and steps to remedy it. It seems since year of manufacture of our shades, they upgraded the ends and all and will be sending me the upgraded parts FOC ! Wow!!