Merry Christmas

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Sunday evening at the wee truck stop I was parked at was also a Greyhound stop.I went inside to use the restroom, outside the ladies there was a young girl around 18-20 yrs old crying her eyes out. While inside the mens room I overheard her outside on phone telling someone she needed $10, as they were charging her for extra bags. I guess they couldn't help her. I walked out mens room, she was still outside crying, I took a 20 out of my wallet handed it to her said Merry Christmas and I walked away. I saw her tears go from sad to happy. I guess I did my good Samaritan bit that day. I see a lot of folks trying to get money all the time, with their scams in rest areas etc, my car broke down, you know the type, they make a career out of mooching, but in this case it wasn't a scam and I didn't even think twice about helping this young lassie out. Yes it was only a 20, but it still saved her day and it made me feel good that I helped someone out.
You all have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year
Ken, Elaine, Lucky and Tinker.

Ken2 thanks for sharing and reminding us what Christmas is truly about . Merry Christmas and give Elaine a hug for us....Ken & Kathy

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ken,

What a touching tale! My eyes filled up as I was reading it. She got the help she needed from someone who is truly blessed with understanding and compassion:angel:. Good deed and great story. Now that's what I love about my Heartland Friends!

caissiel

Merry Christmas to all of the Heartland Family, and thanks for all the info. We are back in Canada for the Holidays and enjoying the family here in NB.

Gary Steeves

A very Merry and blessed Christmas to all - as well as a Happy New Year filled with prosperity and safe travels. We are enjoying our Bighorn here in Florida, celebrating the birth of Christ with our fellow RV'ers in a most beautiful park lined with 2009 (yes, 2009) glorious luminaries - most beautiful !!!

Gary and Karen

kkamshop

Allow us to add our warm wishes to the others - hope you have a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Ken(3)& Kathy

B. Lee

Firecapt422
Sharon and I would like wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. To all of you that serve our Country and home and overseas may your day be safe and uneventful. I am getting ready to work my last Christmas. I have to work 25, 27 and 29 and I will call it a rap of 25 years of service. To all of our Heartland family my GOD bless you and protect you.

Butch

jnbhobe

Good Morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS; To the entire HEARTLAND FAMILY we hope you enjoy the day with your friends and family as some of us wait for camping season to return. GBY---- Patti & JON

truknutt

Committed Member
Sharon and I would like wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. To all of you that serve our Country and home and overseas may your day be safe and uneventful. I am getting ready to work my last Christmas. I have to work 25, 27 and 29 and I will call it a rap of 25 years of service. To all of our Heartland family my GOD bless you and protect you.

Butch

Fire Captain, eh...Hope your last days at the house are really uneventful; both for your crew and for those you protect!!

What an awesome Christmas gift..retirement!!! :p

plumberdude

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF THE HEARTLAND FAMILY! HOPE EVERYONE IS WARM AND SAFE! AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR STORIES WILL BE TOLD OF OUR NEW ADVENTURES WITH OUR FIRST TRIP!
PAT AND LORI
MIRIAH THE CO-RIDER DOG
3914 Cyclone-2009
2005 Dodge 1 Ton Truck
2008 Harley RoadGlide
2006 Honda GoldWing Trike

SmokeyBare

Merry Christmas

We wish each and everyone of our extended Heartland Family a joy filled Christmas Day

Marv & Karen Osborne

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Merry Christmas to our Heartland friends. Hope to be out and back on the road soon. From md Anderson cancer hosp.
Jim & Sheila

Attachments

• jim hosp.jpg
    jim hosp.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

jbeletti

Where oh where to put my Christmas wish to my very large Heartland family. Why not here in this SC Chapter forum :)

First, Jim Gratz - so sorry for what you are going through pal. I am playing the 2009 Heartland Rally highlights to show Nancy your few seconds of fame in it :) Hugs to you, Sheila, Penny and mean dog.

Tom Atkinson, if you see this, sorry that Judy too is "in the hospital" today :( Hugs to you both and any dogs you've adopted at your campground :)

I miss you guys and hope to se you in February in Texas :)

To all Heartlanders - I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year.

I hope to see many of you in my travels in 2010.

Travel safe and be well.

Jim

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
What a wonderful year it has been. Debra and I wish all of our great Heartland friends a most Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year.

airedale

And another merry xmas to all from western canada.........may 2010 be a great year for everyone...........

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hello again,
We had a very Merry Christmas when my doctor came in this afternoon and to me I could go home. What a wonderful Christmas present. He sent with a Christmas bag full of medicine to continue my healing. And then once we got home we got another present when we saw Tom Atkinson bringing Judy home from the hospital. God is good and thank you Lord for a Blessed Christmas. May all our Heartland friend find their new RV in the coming year. Thanks for your prayers and wishes as they have worked. Keep them coming as we still have much healing to do. God Bless....

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hello again,
We had a very Merry Christmas when my doctor came in this afternoon and to me I could go home. What a wonderful Christmas present. He sent with a Christmas bag full of medicine to continue my healing. And then once we got home we got another present when we saw Tom Atkinson bringing Judy home from the hospital. God is good and thank you Lord for a Blessed Christmas. May all our Heartland friend find their new RV in the coming year. Thanks for your prayers and wishes as they have worked. Keep them coming as we still have much healing to do. God Bless....
Jim,we are so Thankful that you got to be home for Christmas.Also glad that Judy got to come home.Those presents that we receive are nice,but being at home with family and friends,that is the real gift.Yes,God is good and we pray that He continues to Bless in yours and Shelia's lives and in the lives of Tom and Judy.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,we are so Thankful that you got to be home for Christmas.Also glad that Judy got to come home.Those presents that we receive are nice,but being at home with family and friends,that is the real gift.Yes,God is good and we pray that He continues to Bless in yours and Shelia's lives and in the lives of Tom and Judy.

Terry said it best. We are all very thankful that both of you were able to return to your families.